BC Post Game Melt Down Thread

Sims is the future qb, he didn’t play horribly. Collins is gonna need to get a new defensive coordinator and special teams coach. We are still 2 more recruiting classes away from being acc championship game appearance caliber away. We have a freshman starting at qb, rb, rt. This is a major year in developing those young players. This season is another season for getting experienced but it will pay off. Collins doesn’t need to be fired.
So the current class is ranked around 50 based on average stars. Funny how we were winning games under CPJ without all these great recruits....Collins needs to win 11 games in year four and at least 7 next year or he is gone.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Apparently you ignored everything I typed except for one thing you chose to read too much into in order to satisfy your overwhelming need to yell right now. It’s okay, I don’t blame you.
No I read it all. We didn't belong on the same field as BC today. They kicked our *** and would have even without the turnovers.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
So the current class is ranked around 50 based on average stars. Funny how we were winning games under CPJ without all these great recruits....Collins needs to win 11 games in year four and at least 7 next year or he is gone.
This current class is ranked low because 247 sports hasn’t updated players ratings yet. Our most recent commit isn’t even rated by them yet

Deleted member 2897

No I read it all. We didn't belong on the same field as BC today. They kicked our *** and would have even without the turnovers.

Unfortunately the math and reality of defensive TDs and 15 yard drives says otherwise.

Deleted member 2897

The current class is ranked #25 nationally overall.

We have 3 guys rated 5.5 or below. In 2014 for example, we had 13 guys rated at that level.

tomknight

Ramblin' Wreck
Other than our defense, kicking and turnover problems:
-We had every review go against us. The first two were the same exact kind of play, and ours was stands and theirs was a call reversal. The interception was a bad call then, stands.

-we jumped offside again on 3rd and short hard count.

-Why the fake punt at the 30? Was anyone fooled? Still made a hell of a throw, but line up and go for it.

-If we had a merely mediocre kicking game, we wouldn’t have to go for it anyway. Points are better than a turnover, and we leave too many on the field.

- Gibbs is really a special player. I can’t wait to see him play the next few years.
That onsides kick screamed desperation, and was a bad call at that time.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Moved from the other thread....A few observations about today.
1. Coming out on the first play not ready to play and letting the BC D-Line walk right into the back field and bust up the opening play....saved by a roughing call.
2. .Setting up to punt from the opposing team's 28 yard line in the first quarter....have never seen that in over 50 years of watching football and for good reason. It is ridiculous. If you are going to have the punter throw from there, run a play and let your QB do it.
3. A stupid on-sides kick in the second quarter, and to make it worse, telegraphing with an on-sides set up. Cannot surprise them that way. Dumb!
4. A defense in which the players are looking to the sideline for a call a second or two before the ball is snapped. They are often not lined and up and ready when the ball is snapped.
5. A defense in which the players have no idea which receivers to cover and where they leave the entire secondary open for the BC QB, who is very slow, to make easy long runs.
6. Another missed extra point.
7. Players who look like they do not want to be out there.
8. Continually turning 2nd and short into 3rd and long.....bad play calling.
9. Playing passively on offense and defense. There is no passion.
10. After bad plays, the players get pats on the helmet when they get to the sideline but no coaching!

The defensive coordinator needs to go, and CGC has no clue how to manage a game. They are lost out there. Very poor coaching. I could go on.

Loong time season ticket holder and will remain so. But this reminds me of Bill Lewis' team.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
How did james graham look?

Similar to last year. Good runs but pulls the ball too quick including on a 4th and 13 instead of giving a receiver a chance to get the first. Had a couple nice plays keeping the play alive to find a receiver that had come open. Had a couple of plays thrown too far outside that pushed the receiver out leading to incompletions. Had an interesting play where in the process of getting tackled he pitched the ball over a defender to Gibbs who did what he does. Great play but bad decision that didn't matter because he was down before the pitch.

To me what stood out is how much the offense changed play call wise when he went in. Maybe Graham is the one who the coaches were talking about when they were talking about having a package for. But if we assume that the offense we've had this year with Sims is the direction the staff want to take the offense then Graham isn't the answer for the future.

Deleted member 2897

What does 247 composite have us rated at?

No idea - I’ve been ignoring them because they aren’t rating players this year. For example, we just got a commit fro River Helms - a 5.7 guy with a ton of P5 offers. 247 had no rating on him. They must have laid off a bunch of people due to COVID or something.

Milwaukee

Banned
Nothing from the players no coaches yet.
Collins is on air now. Mentioned that the defense unfortunately is only at a point where we have to pick and choose what to take away. Last week we focused on Etienne and then Trevor torched us, today we focused on stopping their passing attack and they torched us on the ground. It sucks to hear as a fan but he’s not wrong.
What actually bothers the hell out of me is the overall disorganized defense and the horrid game management. It’s not just bad, it’s like stupid bad. Players running on the field at the last second right after the kickoff cause we have 10 guys out there. Stupid stuff like this happens every game, all game. Players are super confused milliseconds before the ball is snapped, late shifting, too many heads looking at the sideline, etc.
It’s not gonna be pretty next week but if we can stay clean we won’t be so pissed. Just stop all the stupid carelessness and for the love of God get it buttoned up on defense and at least get ORGANIZED. That’s not a tall ask.
Bedford mentioned that teams right now know all they have to do is focus on Gibbs and he’s not wrong at the moment.
We’re gonna be fine and we’re gonna get REALLY good, but this year is gonna be painful.