BC Game Thread

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
YES!

Full court press. Nolan Richardson 90's Arkansas style. If we keep losing, at least its fun to watch.

We just need to work on floor spacing and how to run a fast-break.

Honestly, we need to run and drive the basket (or take an open shot) in the first 7 seconds of the shot clock.

/
I'm ready to go full blown Nash/Amare/Marion Suns. I'm in. Just get shots up!

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First, thanks to DTM for the tickets. This is the first game i've been able to attend since my appendicitis. My son and I had a good time despite the score.
First time i've gotten to watch up close since early in the season, it is disappointing how far the confidence has fallen. This is not the same team that played UGA and even Vandy. Not even close. They simply have no trust in themselves on offense. None of the cuts and screens are hard. Almost every player is aiming rather than shooting the ball.

Q was the one person playing with some emotion today.
BC did a great job of neutralizing GT's bigs with a backside double team. Our bigs do not see the court well and do not pass cross court well. Miller would have eaten this defense alive, but our current roster can't.

IMO this is the day Gregory's program died. Up until this point I thought he would make it through the season before likely being fired, I'm not nearly so sure anymore. I think there is now a good chance that he is fired in the next 2-3 weeks. There simply is no energy around the program right now.
He's lost the fanbase and that is a bad thing. I bet there weren't 200 students in the building today. No students behind the basket at all. Arena half full, no energy.

Good guy, but he isn't making it and it is only making MBob's job harder in finding an eventual replacement.

I think this game, this year and Gregory's tenure can be summed up in one sequence in the 2nd half. Jorgenson makes a great effort play to get a steal, gets a 3-on-1 break, makes a good read, but MGH I think misses the bunny, GT gets the rebound, misses that, BC rebounds and passes it 85 feet to a player who didn't even bother running down the court and he gets a uncontested dunk. The player who made the least effort gets a dunk. 4-pt turnaround and kills momentum. That is sort of what the last 3 1/2 yrs has felt like. Good effort, some good plays, but never the plays to get them over the hump and move forward.

RamblinRed

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
...I think this game, this year and Gregory's tenure can be summed up in one sequence in the 2nd half. Jorgenson makes a great effort play to get a steal, gets a 3-on-1 break, makes a good read, but MGH I think misses the bunny, GT gets the rebound, misses that, BC rebounds and passes it 85 feet to a player who didn't even bother running down the court and he gets a uncontested dunk. ...

It was even worse RR... it was a 4 on 1 break!!!

At least we can inbound most of the time w/o having to blow a time out.

McCamish Maniacs

Helluva Engineer
First, thanks to DTM for the tickets. This is the first game i've been able to attend since my appendicitis. My son and I had a good time despite the score.
First time i've gotten to watch up close since early in the season, it is disappointing how far the confidence has fallen. This is not the same team that played UGA and even Vandy. Not even close. They simply have no trust in themselves on offense. None of the cuts and screens are hard. Almost every player is aiming rather than shooting the ball.

Q was the one person playing with some emotion today.
BC did a great job of neutralizing GT's bigs with a backside double team. Our bigs do not see the court well and do not pass cross court well. Miller would have eaten this defense alive, but our current roster can't.

IMO this is the day Gregory's program died. Up until this point I thought he would make it through the season before likely being fired, I'm not nearly so sure anymore. I think there is now a good chance that he is fired in the next 2-3 weeks. There simply is no energy around the program right now.
He's lost the fanbase and that is a bad thing. I bet there weren't 200 students in the building today. No students behind the basket at all. Arena half full, no energy.

Good guy, but he isn't making it and it is only making MBob's job harder in finding an eventual replacement.

I think this game, this year and Gregory's tenure can be summed up in one sequence in the 2nd half. Jorgenson makes a great effort play to get a steal, gets a 3-on-1 break, makes a good read, but MGH I think misses the bunny, GT gets the rebound, misses that, BC rebounds and passes it 85 feet to a player who didn't even bother running down the court and he gets a uncontested dunk. The player who made the least effort gets a dunk. 4-pt turnaround and kills momentum. That is sort of what the last 3 1/2 yrs has felt like. Good effort, some good plays, but never the plays to get them over the hump and move forward.

RamblinRed

Me and my friends are currently juniors. We came in our freshman year with the new stadium, Carter/MGH/Bolden, and some hype behind the program. We started the McCamish Maniacs to try and get even more hype from the students and some sort of organization between the students. Now, 2 years later, its extremely disappointing to see where the program is and know that we will probably never be a postseason team while we're students. I still love going to every game, but it's hard not to blame the other students for not showing up.

If we can get a good coach and avoid any transfers, I have hope that we could get to the tournament in my senior year next year, but that's obviously gonna be tough

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Difference from 2002 and this team. 02 had ACC level players and good guard play.

To quote Ramsey Snow "if you think this has a happy ending, you havent been paying attention"

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I did not get to watch this game live (will watch the DVR recording this morning), as the weather was too nice to dedicate an afternoon indoors watching two teams with no ACC wins. Maybe a lot of other GT fans are beginning to feel this way, as well. That said, it appears the script for the season as passed the read-through phase and simply awaits the final curtain. My prediction is we win somewhere between zero and 3 ACC games, leading to BG's ouster shortly after the ACC Tournament. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but the next coach has to be someone who can create excitement and expectations for better outcomes in the very near future. I actually think we have some guys in the program who could be key players in a revival. But they need the right leadership and mentoring.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I did not get to watch this game live (will watch the DVR recording this morning), as the weather was too nice to dedicate an afternoon indoors watching two teams with no ACC wins. Maybe a lot of other GT fans are beginning to feel this way, as well. That said, it appears the script for the season as passed the read-through phase and simply awaits the final curtain. My prediction is we win somewhere between zero and 3 ACC games, leading to BG's ouster shortly after the ACC Tournament. Maybe I am overly optimistic, but the next coach has to be someone who can create excitement and expectations for better outcomes in the very near future. I actually think we have some guys in the program who could be key players in a revival. But they need the right leadership and mentoring.

@orientalnc save yourself the heartburn of watching the game. You've seen it a few times this season already. I agree with you about some existing players turning it around under a new regime.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like the same job description as 4 years ago and our useless AD failed from jump street starting with the excitement factor. DId anyone get excited when he was hired? Most were just happy to be rid of the program killer without thinking about it. Then they put blind faith in his ability tdespite a track record that clearly showed he wasnt and ACC caliber coach.

In MBob i trust.

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
I believe R Red sums it up pretty well. We have hit the lowest point and I can only stay positive in looking forward to a good replacement for CBG. Very sorry to say that.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
I missed the game on a cruise.Went back to read write-up.Even the game summation had an error.Somehow U.Virginia got put into discussion.

I couldn't help but noticealso that Tech and Ncst had almost same situation at end of respective games..They won theirs we didn't. What's new.