BC Game Thread

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I'd really like to know what some of our former players think about where the bball program is it? I know 28 points is absolutely embarrassing but we've only been to the tournament twice in 10 years. With only 1 win! That's just pathetic. Hewitt killed it and Gregory is burying it.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I'm saying win until we win a ACC game.

So...win.

I don't want my 11 win prediction to be right.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I watched BC play against Syracuse. Straight up, GT is better than them and should win. BC has less of an inside presence than ND. If we go into the game with a gameplan, it should be to feed Cox and Mitchell in the post all day long. Granted, in my opinion, that should be our gameplan every week. Hope we don't sacrafice relative strength for the sake of "balance".

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I'd really like to know what some of our former players think about where the bball program is it? I know 28 points is absolutely embarrassing but we've only been to the tournament twice in 10 years. With only 1 win! That's just pathetic. Hewitt killed it and Gregory is burying it.

I get that the players love BG, but I bet if they started just going for it on offense and ignoring his play calls, we'd see better results.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer

I get that the players love BG, but I bet if they started just going for it on offense and ignoring his play calls, we'd see better results.

I think that happened under Hewitt at the end, ... even worse results imo.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think that happened under Hewitt at the end, ... even worse results imo.
Ahhh... the difference being these players know how to get the ball inbounds.

I also think we should be shooting with 10 seconds left on the shot clock, no matter what.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Regarding my last comment and something Red said in another thread, does anyone else think we should pick up the pace on offense?

Travis seems capable of getting out in transition after made baskets or DRebs, but whether it's him or Heath, we always seem to bring the ball up slow & methodical, allowing the zone defenses to get set. That's game plan all day and another data point for BG's downfall.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Fwiw, I think we slow play because we can't shoot, not vice versa. Offensive possession is part of our scoring D.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
need to pick up the pace WHEN we have a open shot. Problem though is that opponents D's can sag becasue we don't have a consistent shooter from beyond 18 feet.
Also is disturbing that we handle so many ball transfers 23 feet or more away from the basket.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Regarding my last comment and something Red said in another thread, does anyone else think we should pick up the pace on offense?

Travis seems capable of getting out in transition after made baskets or DRebs, but whether it's him or Heath, we always seem to bring the ball up slow & methodical, allowing the zone defenses to get set. That's game plan all day and another data point for BG's downfall.

I agree. Easier to create good looks in transition than in our "methodical" offensive sets. Both Jorg and Heath have the ability to run the floor, get to the basket, or set up our guys for secondary drives to the basket/easier looks from outside.

If you combine that with an intentional effort to get the ball in the post when we do have to slow down, then I think you have a couple better options than what we've seen thus far.

ChasonBaller

on Pastner Polo watch
I think the reason why we are not getting good recruits is because of our offense. Nobody wants to play in this boring offense with no flow or running the floor. All the recruits I talk 2 say the same thing, they like the coach, the arena, and the city but they don't think they can ball under his schemes.

franklinjacket

Jolly Good Fellow
So far it has been two teams trying to prove who is the worst shooting. If we don't win today, I don't see another win on the schedule. Maybe Clemson, but that's about it.

COJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Ahhh... the difference being these players know how to get the ball inbounds.

I also think we should be shooting with 10 seconds left on the shot clock, no matter what.

Yep, did not get the ball inbounds and had to call a time out. O continues to struggle like BG's old Dayton O struggled. We are not the better team out there right now.

I quit watching Blewitt coach Tech basketball his last two years because I didn't like him personally and thought he was holding the program hostage. I like Gregory, but I'm done watching any team he coaches at Tech from this day forward. He hasn't recruited worth a darn and his lack of coaching ability on the offensive side of the ball is impossible to watch. I've never seen a Tech team that shoots as poorly as this one does. For the life of me I don't why Chris Bolden is even on the team. The issue between Bolden and Solo Poole may have been more about CBG running the team than anything personal between them two. Anyways, I'd rather Solo than Bolden any day. I love Tech basketball more than any sport on that campus and pains me to no end to feel this way, but I've seen enough to know CBG is not the answer.

Fatmike91

Helluva Engineer

YES!

Full court press. Nolan Richardson 90's Arkansas style. If we keep losing, at least its fun to watch.

We just need to work on floor spacing and how to run a fast-break.

Honestly, we need to run and drive the basket (or take an open shot) in the first 7 seconds of the shot clock.

/