Baye Declares for NBA; Retaining Eligibility

Root4GT

Helluva Engineer
So where do play Ndongo next season? Is his best position in our system at the 5? Was his return contingent on coach agreeing to give him time as an "out?"

If we are not having him defend the 5, then who will do it, a Freshman?
Way too soon to say as we have zero clue on a bunch of new players this year. Offensively Ndongo will clearly be setting picks for Nait and McCollum in the pick and roll game. Can he develop a shot where he takes a 3 off that play? Unknown. Defensively how will the other 3 bigs work out? Can any of them run a pick and roll play?

We have options this year at guard and with Bigs. How they practice will be important. Nice to actually have multiple possibilities for a change.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
You tell 'em, techst.

A celebratory bowl of ice cream going down 'round these parts. Tillamook Waffle cone swirl, if you must know. And I know you must.

;)

Tillamook is good ice cream...well, it used to be. Since you're touting it, now I have to seriously question whether the quality has gone down...

Techwood Relict

Helluva Engineer
I'll see your ice cream and raise a cheap beer. Let's hear it for Baye!

200.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Thanks for bringing back this memory. Never gets old. :D

That video is exactly what I was thinking when I posted that. LOL.

On another note, that season was SO fun as a fan. Hopefully, Stoudamire and the BBall team will match that fun run this season.

Jack

Jolly Good Fellow
Way too soon to say as we have zero clue on a bunch of new players this year. Offensively Ndongo will clearly be setting picks for Nait and McCollum in the pick and roll game. Can he develop a shot where he takes a 3 off that play? Unknown. Defensively how will the other 3 bigs work out? Can any of them run a pick and roll play?

We have options this year at guard and with Bigs. How they practice will be important. Nice to actually have multiple possibilities for a change.
It depends on the opponents lineup. We should be able to have a variety of options this year to match up.

GaTech4ever

Helluva Engineer
Drop the name-calling
No idea how anyone can have negative thoughts or feelings about this young man, who just plays his heart out game after game. If it’s a vote for who agrees with you, count me as a NAY.
The fact that you think I’m saying ANYTHING negative about Baye because I’m projecting where he gets (or doesn’t get) drafted is extremely cringe.

The fact that multiple people agreed with your train of thought tells me everything I need to know about the legitimacy of “debate” here. I NEVER said anything about Baye’s effort. It’s a shame you’d even go there.

I've done legitimate research (in both academic and professional settings) to know that it'll be extremely difficult for a 22 year old rising junior to get drafted especially in the first round. For you to just dismiss my comment as saying anything negative about our student-athletes is so **** weird.

1716409253969.png

1716409542884.png

"As you can see, the trendline is decidedly downwards as a player's age gets older, with about 1.5 more points per 100 possessions expected for 19 year olds than for 22 year olds. This would become even more pronounced if the myriad second rounders who were ineligible for my data threshold had played enough to merit inclusion. Large swaths of those players were aged 21-24, with almost none of them younger than that. As they were flushed out of the league relatively quickly, it is probable (although by no means assured) that they would have produced negative BPM peaks, adding to the strength of the negative trendline." - www.libertyballers.com

Sources listed. But yeah I think Baye plays with no heart. Weirdo. Who'd you consult?

Last edited by a moderator:

Connell62

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I’m pretty sure I’ve been put in the penalty box for less than the previous post…LOL. There’s trying too hard, and then there’s this post.

You really spent all that time and energy to post this chart and you’re calling someone a weirdo? Pot calling the kettle black? I don’t have an engineering degree from GT, but I’m pretty sure there’s always outliers in data.

You’re really gonna die on that hill aren’t you?

Where’s @Peacone36 when you need him?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
I’m pretty sure I’ve been put in the penalty box for less than the previous post…LOL. There’s trying too hard, and then there’s this post.

You really spent all that time and energy to post this chart and you’re calling someone a weirdo? Pot calling the kettle black? I don’t have an engineering degree from GT, but I’m pretty sure there’s always outliers in data.

You’re really gonna die on that hill aren’t you?

Where’s @Peacone36 when you need him?
Reporting for duty. How can I make things worse?