Baye Declares for NBA; Retaining Eligibility

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Younger Guy - Ndongo is not a younger guy!
He is also not 6'9" if the camp measurements are correct. he measured at 6'8.25" and he is playing away from the basket in today's game.

Edit: With less than a minute to play in the first half, Baye has not scored nor played especially well. He's a non-factor away from the basket in this game.

Last edited:

lauraee

Helluva Engineer
Why invoke bad vibes like this?
Not sure if was true but heard something about some type of Lloyds of London type of insurance back in the day tech to protect likely drafted players from career ending type injuries for players like Price, Salley, Hammonds, Kenny.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Wasn't Forest injured when he collided with an abandoned car on the freeway. That may have been a different injury.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Assuming our NIL for Ndongo is adequate, he will be playing for Tech next year. Today was NOT a monster day. Unless I missed his "moment" he was scoreless and had a tough day defensively. He is not an NBA 5 and the NBA 4 needs work.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Now that I have had a chance to see the box score, Ndongo did better than I realized, but still not a monster game. Seven points on 3-13 (1-3) and 9 TRB in this environment is not great. These games are really ugly.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Jonathan Givony is reporting five G League Elite Camp players have a callup to the NBA Draft Combine. Baye is not one of them as of 10:20 PM. It looks like that's it.
I know he must be disappointed but I feel like he will develop his potential much better working with Stoudamire. This may not sound like good news to him but it certainly is for the team.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I know he must be disappointed but I feel like he will develop his potential much better working with Stoudamire. This may not sound like good news to him but it certainly is for the team.
Getting invited to the camp likely raised his hopes. He surely learned some things he needs to work on over the summer. At times he looked uncomfortable playing out at the arc, but he nailed an open three late in the game. In CDS's pro style offense the 4 needs to be a threat from there.

I hope he returns to GT, but I am going to wait for his or GT's announcement before getting excited.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Does anyone know what GT players get what NIL money and what they do to earn it?
I would think they keep it quiet so other teams don't know how much they could offer to tempt him. He is in a special category as a non citizen as well. Maybe we should start recruiting some of those bigs out of Europe.

Golden Tornadoes

Jolly Good Fellow
I would think they keep it quiet so other teams don't know how much they could offer to tempt him. He is in a special category as a non citizen as well. Maybe we should start recruiting some of those bigs out of Europe.
Might as well. FSU has made a living grabbing bigs from Africa.