Bawb Davie said years ago he would

Mack

Helluva Engineer
He does and has. We talk pretty much weekly about Georgia Tech football, @Mack does know football having played and coached it. He just gets down on some of our play calling.
Well not just the play calling.....to me and my take on it only.......in order to run the flex like it should be run you need several key players.......we did well with JD and Thomas as special players and so far JT is doing the job of running the football but we have no threat up the gut on the dive play and we are not that well on the option pitch.We do throw the ball and we will get better and JT is playing lights out but I have seen this flex at GSU live and in living color and we dont have a Tracy Ham yet or A.P. and not so sure we will get anybody any time soon. Naw give me the horses and I will be first to say run it.........just aint no kool aide drinker when it comes to the flex.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
All ways heard my coach say"if you cant make a yard when you need it............you are going to lose anyway "
Another statement Coach Lamb would make would be if its fourth and one etc....he said"you take your best back and run over your best lineman and if you cant get a yd..........you are in trouble.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Another statement Coach Lamb would make would be if its fourth and one etc....he said"you take your best back and run over your best lineman and if you cant get a yd..........you are in trouble.

That would be Zack (for me), though we do have other backs to choice from depending..and if (me) was getting down and dirty to the last grit in that particular time, I would add Tim Byerly to the mix as QB, although JT is no softy either. I like the fact that we do have options (no pun) to finally pick from and some positions on the OL. Will our coach utilize those options at the moment?? Don't know?? I do know that we are 4-0 playing at home and no game is a gimme. Let's see what steps we're taking to go to the next level during this bye week.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mack, is it that you just don't think the offense works or that you think there's something better?
Yes offense will work when you HSVE the special guys to run it.Give me a Jd or Tracy ham and you will see a ton of points on the board quickly.I just look around and ninety five percent of schools run spread and score quickly.I think recruits if they have the choice will pick spread over the flex.....watched flex for yrs at southern and if you have skill folks it is great offense.....