Bawb Davie said years ago he would

Yoda

Helluva Engineer
Run PJ's offense if he got back in coaching. He is running something very similar, but from the gun. It's actually not too bad. I don't like it in short yardage compared to ours from under center.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I remember that. I think he was responsible for a lot of the "triple option offense" tag since he did a lot of our games and that's what he referred to CPJ's offense as, but he genuinely did like our offense. I remember lots of GT fans hating on him, but he was actually one of the few "advocates" of CPJ's offense in the national media. Where most talking heads harped on how one dimensional our offense was or our inability to pass, he focused on how hard it is to stop and how devastating our offense can be with big plays.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
I don't like it in short yardage compared to ours from under center.
I have lost count of the times, in short yardage situations, I have seen teams get tackled in the backfield from the "gun". Had an old coach tell me one time, "never go backward, when you need to go forward".

I remember that. I think he was responsible for a lot of the "triple option offense" tag since he did a lot of our games and that's what he referred to CPJ's offense as, but he genuinely did like our offense. I remember lots of GT fans hating on him, but he was actually one of the few "advocates" of CPJ's offense in the national media. Where most talking heads harped on how one dimensional our offense was or our inability to pass, he focused on how hard it is to stop and how devastating our offense can be with big plays.
Was it he that repeatedly said "Georgia Tech is conducting an absolute clinic" during the 2008 Miami game?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Watched Southern live and in living color Thursday and they were able to get short yds with the spread.........now I like that offense since they optioned ...threw and ran north and south out of it...........wish we had offense that versatile.

Declinometer

Banned
Watched Southern live and in living color Thursday and they were able to get short yds with the spread.........now I like that offense since they optioned ...threw and ran north and south out of it...........wish we had offense that versatile.
Looks good in the middle of the field but not when backed up inside the ten yd line and when you need short yardage or near the goal line. When we are, I love our offense!

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Yeah Mack - 88 yards passing - wish Tech could do that...
Why pass when you have a qb that ave............12 yds a carry ! And when they really needed to throw they did so...............got happy watching them since its not the Navy way we do things.......you know.......DIve Dive Dive

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Why pass when you have a qb that ave............12 yds a carry ! And when they really needed to throw they did so...............got happy watching them since its not the Navy way we do things.......you know.......DIve Dive Dive

I think he was being sarcastic, Mack. We've passed more than Southern this year.

Or maybe your post was sarcastic too?

Mack

Helluva Engineer
I think he was being sarcastic, Mack. We've passed more than Southern this year.

Well not sure and depend on you my friend to interpret moods but hey when they needed to throw and they did .....they can zing it....I can see how jSouthern got outside on us......They have speed and once they break the line its about over..Just like the timimg and speed which Southern runs.....

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Looks good in the middle of the field but not when backed up inside the ten yd line and when you need short yardage or near the goal line. When we are, I love our offense!
No doubt about it...........NO offense is looking that good backed up inside the ten several teams this weekend ,Carolina and Tenn etc did throw close to own goal.It can be done but percentages are not that good.If you do need the inches it does help to have a guy under center though.......Not fan of our offense but fan of winning..........need to beat CANES

Mack

Helluva Engineer

Naw dude cant do that sarcastic thing.....its football plain and simple for me.....take it or leave it but like to post what I saw or........what I thought I saw ! What I posted was what i saw.......if some saw something different then so be it..........called opinion or something like that.

Mack

Helluva Engineer
Mine was a John Madden joke. [emoji3]
Yeah but to be hones have heard that line before.........of course when I played and coached NO WATER at practice...in early sixties as a player we would ask Coach for water and his reply was fairly classic "water water everywhere but not a drop to spare" wonder we didnt cramp up or pass out.........now we had all the water we wanted in a game but none.>>in practice.

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
No doubt about it...........NO offense is looking that good backed up inside the ten several teams this weekend ,Carolina and Tenn etc did throw close to own goal.It can be done but percentages are not that good.If you do need the inches it does help to have a guy under center though.......Not fan of our offense but fan of winning..........need to beat CANES

Justin Thomas leads nation in yards/completion (19.06) and is second with 110.8 rushing yards/gm among QBs