Away fan attendance

Brian Johnson

Jolly Good Fellow
We need to get better at away attendance! I do think we have a lot going to NO for Tulane game. We need to put butts in the seats in Athens. My buddy went in 2012 and said that we had very little there. It's bad y'all. Even when were not so good we need better away attendance.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Tech fans travel better than probably all comparably sized schools and have always been well known for that. Saying different is BS.

You probably haven't tried getting tickets to the UGA game in Athens as a Tech fan, it is not always so easy to do unless they are having a disappointing year. Their fans do not always like to sell or give tickets to their rivals . . .

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
I go to most games within 4 hours of DC (which is usually several each season). We've had great showings at UVA and Maryland when I've been there. We went to the Duke game last year and had a solid crowd as well. Taking a group up to Pitt this year and headed down to Raliegh as well.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
Does Tech not sell out its allotment of tix to the UGA game? If you know the answer to that then you can be pissed off about Tech fan attendance at games in Athens.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Well our fans make it easy for uga fans I get tickets it pisses me off

They literally take over BDS, the Varsity and tailgating areas when they play in Atlanta. This past year was horrible, I have UGA fans and alumni which are dear friends, but I ran into some of the nastiest, low-life dawg fans sitting behind and around me this year. I would be hard pressed to go to Athens. :mad:

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
We in the past typically went to one away game per year, we had great showings at games in Tallahassee, Auburn and South Bend.
Unfortunately distance has become a big factor for us and Boise isn't the easiest place to get to and from although we did drive down to BYU.
The airport here recent started to pick up some new non-stops around the country and are also working on Atlanta.

YJAlleyCat

Jolly Good Fellow
Away games are usually fun, but I will never set foot anywhere near the Cesspool ever again.

I'm not upset that our fans don't go to Athens. What sucks is how many don't go to the game when it is at Tech and we end up surrounded by drunken barking low life idiots and can't enjoy the game, even though we sit in a section that is 100% season ticket holders.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
They literally take over BDS, the Varsity and tailgating areas when they play in Atlanta. This past year was horrible, I have UGA fans and alumni which are dear friends, but I ran into some of the nastiest, low-life dawg fans sitting behind and around me this year. I would be hard pressed to go to Athens. :mad:
Away games are usually fun, but I will never set foot anywhere near the Cesspool ever again.

I'm not upset that our fans don't go to Athens. What sucks is how many don't go to the game when it is at Tech and we end up surrounded by drunken barking low life idiots and can't enjoy the game, even though we sit in a section that is 100% season ticket holders.
Go to Athens? I won't even go to BDS when they are in town because they are so nasty. Would help if the stadium was majority Tech instead of the other way around...

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
It starts one fan at a time. Not going to the game and then complaining about attendance is not the way to fix the problem.
Especially when he says his section is for season ticket holders. Btw, UGA fans have been known to buy Tech season tickets just for the one game. A fool and their money as they say.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I was thinking about going to the uga game this year with my girlfriend since we have never gone, but after reading this thread, I may have to reconsider. Are the fans just rude or do you actually feel unsafe? I dont mind if they are rude, but I definitely dont want to put us at harm if we are just wearing GT gear.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
About the only way you could get me to Sanford Stadium would be in a light plane. Above midfield. With a big gold paint-bomb slung under the belly…

A stink-bomb might be better—but then again, the way they trash their own campus on game day, I doubt anyone would notice the smell.
Dwag Student: What is that SMELL?!
Dwag Fan: ...An improvement?