Auburn - Tuesday 6PM

Deleted member 2897

You crack me up. Just NO LETTIN GO in you, is there? ;) ;)

Yes, I still have a tremendous amount of butthurt about being the away team twice in our own damned regional. There’s a reason why almost half the #1 seeds went into the losers bracket. Part of it is baseball. But part of it is not getting any advantage to hosting your own damned regional!

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yes, I still have a tremendous amount of butthurt about being the away team twice in our own damned regional. There’s a reason why almost half the #1 seeds went into the losers bracket. Part of it is baseball. But part of it is not getting any advantage to hosting your own damned regional!
Well, we beat em at Auburn last year in the last game before the season was cut off. So, we ended their year last year 🙂

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
We ain't no #20....
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-20-georgia-tech-to-battle-auburn-in-primetime-matchup/
  • Getting the start on Tuesday and making his first collegiate appearance will be true freshman RHP Marquis Grissom, Jr.
  • The son of two-time MLB all-star and former Atlanta Brave, Grissom, Jr. was rated as the 11th overall pitcher in the country by Perfect Game.
  • In three years of showcase ball, the Atlanta native recorded a 6-2 record and a 2.30 ERA over 107 innings. He struck out 107 hitters for a better than 2:1 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
  • Not sure where they got that he's #11 Pitcher in the class when they have him at #27.
  • Here are MGJ's stats from PG
  • 1618275860026.png

• 1618275749855.png

For comparison, Christian is now only #62 RHP on PG (Logan is #61) . We'll see if that improves this summer, but here are his stats coming in.

7-0 .70 ERA 112 Ks in 64 IP and 29 BB and .93 WHIP.... 3.86:1 Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio....
1618275973359.png

1618275528401.png

Here is Logan's PG Profile Another STUD coming next year.....
1618276093920.png

1618276145090.png

Aeden Finateri.... PG Profile and ANOTHER STUD coming. See I just don't brag on Christian :)

1618276196064.png

1618276217360.png

Deleted member 2897

• Not sure where they got that he's #11 Pitcher in the class when they have him at #27.

Its the typical Georgia Tech ratings downgrade once people commit. :ROFLMAO:

I don't care how good you are, I don't care that Auburn is 1-11 in the SEC. He's a true freshman, basically a high school all-star standing on the mound, starting in front of your home crowd against Auburn - I hope he can be a professional many years his senior and stay calm and clear and just do his thing.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
I'm not complaining or digging on the guy - just sharing stats from PG they're quoting.
He was tried and true on the Showcase circuit and should be just fine. Excited to see him contribute.
I heard he is quite good. Never got to see him pitch last summer for East Cobb when we were there too.
Supposedly did great this fall. Not sure how or what happened for the injury.
Looking forward to seeing him in action and we sure could use the help on the mound.
Could indeed be a game changer to have a reliable arm at the ready.

If the buzz and hype on him is on point, then we should expect to see the same (or indeed more) for the crew coming to campus next year, with better PG stats than MGJr.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
We ain't no #20....
https://ramblinwreck.com/no-20-georgia-tech-to-battle-auburn-in-primetime-matchup/
  • Getting the start on Tuesday and making his first collegiate appearance will be true freshman RHP Marquis Grissom, Jr.
  • The son of two-time MLB all-star and former Atlanta Brave, Grissom, Jr. was rated as the 11th overall pitcher in the country by Perfect Game.
  • In three years of showcase ball, the Atlanta native recorded a 6-2 record and a 2.30 ERA over 107 innings. He struck out 107 hitters for a better than 2:1 strikeout-to-walk ratio.
  • Here are MGJ's stats from PG
  • View attachment 10323
  • View attachment 10322

For comparison, Christian is now only #62 RHP on PG (Logan is #61) . We'll see if that improves this summer, but here are his stats coming in.

7-0 .70 ERA 112 Ks in 64 IP and 29 BB and .93 WHIP.... 3.86:1 Strikeout-to-Walk Ratio....
View attachment 10324

View attachment 10321

Here is Logan's PG Profile Another STUD coming next year.....
View attachment 10325
View attachment 10326

Aeden Finateri.... PG Profile and ANOTHER STUD coming. See I just don't brag on Christian :)

View attachment 10327
View attachment 10328
Don't forget about Carter Daniels, too. The pitching that is coming in next year is scary good.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What I don’t get is that most if not all of our current pitchers were literally “scary good” in high school as well. You shouldn’t base recruits ability to pitch in college with high school stats. College, let alone ACC, is a whole different ballgame
I know, but this pitching class just seems different. I always love when we go out of state to get guys because those are the ones that typically make impacts right away. Most of the pitchers in this class are from out of state and are all highly ranked in their states which has me really excited.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
What I don’t get is that most if not all of our current pitchers were literally “scary good” in high school as well. You shouldn’t base recruits ability to pitch in college with high school stats. College, let alone ACC, is a whole different ballgame
I don't disagree, to a point.
This isn't "High School" stats.
This is national showcase and travel ball stuff via Perfect Game. "National level" stuff.
I was just commenting on the rank of PG classes coming in and the stats they quoted, in lieu of others, in their article.

I would challenge you to find better "national level" teams the East Cobb Astros, Canes, Team Elite, FL Burn, etc.
These teams recruit from across the country, just like college, and I would say the talent level on these teams exceeds that of a lot, if not, most teams for any given year class.

East Cobb Astros has 10+ draftees out of HS on the board for the 21 class, .... How many guys on GT were drafted out of HS and across how many classes do you need to get to in order to get the count up to 8?

I would also love to see ECA scrimmage GT.... I would bet it would be close if not my money would be on ECA.....(especially with the arms we have on ECA compared to GT). the batting, etc is on par as ECA guys are used to the best of the best of the country and seeing 95+ mph without issue....

Is there a ramp up once you get to college?
Yes, of course, but not as much of one for players coming from ECA or these Bigger teams, less so for Johnny Q Little Leaguer or Local/Regional teams...

Hence you see the likes of Parada, DeLeo, Gonzales, Compton and others excelling as Freshman....

1618332840472.png

GT_B

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't disagree, to a point.
This isn't "High School" stats.
This is national showcase and travel ball stuff via Perfect Game. "National level" stuff.
I was just commenting on the rank of PG classes coming in and the stats they quoted, in lieu of others, in their article.

I would challenge you to find better "national level" teams the East Cobb Astros, Canes, Team Elite, FL Burn, etc.
These teams recruit from across the country, just like college, and I would say the talent level on these teams exceeds that of a lot, if not, most teams for any given year class.

East Cobb Astros has 10+ draftees out of HS on the board for the 21 class, .... How many guys on GT were drafted out of HS and across how many classes do you need to get to in order to get the count up to 8?

I would also love to see ECA scrimmage GT.... I would bet it would be close if not my money would be on ECA.....(especially with the arms we have on ECA compared to GT). the batting, etc is on par as ECA guys are used to the best of the best of the country and seeing 95+ mph without issue....

Is there a ramp up once you get to college?
Yes, of course, but not as much of one for players coming from ECA or these Bigger teams, less so for Johnny Q Little Leaguer or Local/Regional teams...

Hence you see the likes of Parada, DeLeo, Gonzales, Compton and others excelling as Freshman....

View attachment 10337
so I have some knowledge here on the subject as I played against ECA program many times with rival travel teams growing up.
are some very high talented guys coming in and out of that program every year.

It used to be a little more political back when I played then it is now. And it’s definitely more of a national recruitment for east Cobb than it used to be as well. It was mostly up of, it not all, metro Atlanta based kids and some some from south GA, etc.

I would say looking at the overall talent level now, The ECA program has majority D1 top level talent, where as it was back in the day, probably only 5-10 guys on their roster were real d1 level top level talent. They would give colleges a run for their money.

I grew up playing in the north Gwinnett system, and started HS at north Gwinnett, but ended up transferring after my freshmen year to south of Atlanta because of my dads job. Probably the most notable player I played with in HS and growing up travel ball was Charlie Blackmon, who went to tech and then the Rockies.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
so I have some knowledge here on the subject as I played against ECA program many times with rival travel teams growing up.
are some very high talented guys coming in and out of that program every year.

It used to be a little more political back when I played then it is now. And it’s definitely more of a national recruitment for east Cobb than it used to be as well. It was mostly up of, it not all, metro Atlanta based kids and some some from south GA, etc.

I would say looking at the overall talent level now, The ECA program has majority D1 top level talent, where as it was back in the day, probably only 5-10 guys on their roster were real d1 level top level talent. They would give colleges a run for their money.

I grew up playing in the north Gwinnett system, and started HS at north Gwinnett, but ended up transferring after my freshmen year to south of Atlanta because of my dads job. Probably the most notable player I played with in HS and growing up travel ball was Charlie Blackmon, who went to tech and then the Rockies.
That's really cool that you played with Blackmon! I played against the Wilhites, Hughes, Brandt Stallings, and Brandon Marsh for a few years, but I never played with anybody like Blackmon. I bet he was something to watch in practice.

eokerholm

Helluva Engineer
The density of talent in the ATL area in HS is immense. I bet that certainly lifts the level of play.
ECA has been a wonderful experience and we don't see or aren't involved in the politics. Haven't seen any on this team. It was so awesome to fly in and hang with the GT class mates 20 and 21 and 22. It is great for him to be buddies with those guys drafting as well as other D1 ballers across the country and get a chance to see them all again.

Most of the HS talent in HS in Texas stays within TX or nearby.
Christian struck out and not give up a hit to Bret Batty (Mets) (he's the most notable and Gatorade Player of the year) as a freshman starter on Varsity. Other D1s like LSU, DBU, TTech, etc.

Texas is freaking HUGE but spread out.
Here is a fun exercise: https://1023thebullfm.com/texas-size-map/
you can fit 5 Georgia's in Texas. 8 SC, 5 NC, 4 FL and 2 Californias in the state...

1618339775472.png