Auburn - Tuesday 6PM

Deleted member 2897

I hope the bats show up soon. Losing to a 1-11 SEC team would be a continuation of the current swoon for sure. It’s all but impossible in baseball to go 1-11. You have to be Bad News Bears bad.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The density of talent in the ATL area in HS is immense. I bet that certainly lifts the level of play.
ECA has been a wonderful experience and we don't see or aren't involved in the politics. Haven't seen any on this team. It was so awesome to fly in and hang with the GT class mates 20 and 21 and 22. It is great for him to be buddies with those guys drafting as well as other D1 ballers across the country and get a chance to see them all again.

Most of the HS talent in HS in Texas stays within TX or nearby.
Christian struck out and not give up a hit to Bret Batty (Mets) (he's the most notable and Gatorade Player of the year) as a freshman starter on Varsity. Other D1s like LSU, DBU, TTech, etc.

Texas is freaking HUGE but spread out.
Here is a fun exercise: https://1023thebullfm.com/texas-size-map/
you can fit 5 Georgia's in Texas. 8 SC, 5 NC, 4 FL and 2 Californias in the state...

View attachment 10339

Come on, does size matter?

Down 2-3 after 2 run Compton bomb. B5.

On second pitcher in fifth. Needed to run up pitch count ......

Why is a .198 hitter the DH for this team?

Deleted member 2897

Gave up 8 walks tonight. To a 1-11 SEC team. So they scored more runs than they had hits. A free base runner basically every single inning. So damned frustrating and sad.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Gave up 8 walks tonight. To a 1-11 SEC team. So they scored more runs than they had hits. A free base runner basically every single inning. So damned frustrating and sad.
Every pitcher used tonight but 1 is freshman. Walks and homeruns are unfortunately what you get with freshmen.

I will say that Smith was outstanding and his last 2 outings have been really good. Maybe he has regained his form from last year before the season was cut off.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member

Agree. Being a GT fan is not for sissies. But as @LibertyTurns says, it hasn't killed us yet.

Just start winning Friday. The next game is the most important one of the season.

tkh74

Georgia Tech Fan
We have not dug our self a grave yet, but it is time we quit digging! We all know we're better than this, but the two blown large leads late seem to have took all the life, and confidence out of this team. Even ML players have a hard time recovering from those sort of melt downs. Time for some leaders to step up.

Deleted member 2897

It's all about the pitching folks.

Well yes and no in my opinion.

Auburn is 1-11 in the SEC. We all know baseball is a crazy sport, so imagine how terrible you have to be in order to only win 1 out of 12 games. I came on here just now while I type this to say you can't have only 4 hits against such a terrible team and 3 runs and expect to win.

I still think that's true, and that our offense did very little to help our pitching. But while looking up Auburn's schedule, take a look at this:
1-11 in the SEC.

Their lone win - a 2-1 victory over Arkansas who had 3 errors and only gave up to Auburn 1 earned run, LOL.

Their 11 losses? 8 were by 2 or fewer runs. Good lord almighty, how would you get up every morning and start the grind again with that kind of crap!

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
Well yes and no in my opinion.

Auburn is 1-11 in the SEC. We all know baseball is a crazy sport, so imagine how terrible you have to be in order to only win 1 out of 12 games. I came on here just now while I type this to say you can't have only 4 hits against such a terrible team and 3 runs and expect to win.

I still think that's true, and that our offense did very little to help our pitching. But while looking up Auburn's schedule, take a look at this:
1-11 in the SEC.

Their lone win - a 2-1 victory over Arkansas who had 3 errors and only gave up to Auburn 1 earned run, LOL.

Their 11 losses? 8 were by 2 or fewer runs. Good lord almighty, how would you get up every morning and start the grind again with that kind of crap!

Definitely not excusing last night's performance, but their 11 losses it's not like they are being beat by 5-7 runs every game.