Auburn Redux

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FSU and Auburn are good teams, but we played bad (based on box score errors). I'm glad I didn't suffer through that stretch. I promise to listen to most of the GT games for the rest of the season, except in Omaha where I hope to go in person ..... :whistle:

After the sweep today of VT, we are back to life. Next weekend we need to win the series at UNC to feel good about our team. BUT I think we will get better as the year goes on given the large number of freshman in the mix. I continue to believe in Hall although the facts are that we usually seem to get worse as the season goes on. He is the winningest coach in GT history by total wins (football and baseball and basketball). And more comparatively across these sports, only Dodd and Heisman (football) have a higher winning percentage I think.

By the way, if I had been watching / listening to those four games I would have been manic depressed too.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Auburn split Fri/Sat with #3 Texas A&M scoring 20 runs in the two games vs some highly touted pitchers. While there is no excuse for the way we played vs Auburn this past week, these results show Auburn may be a pretty good offensive team.

They are. The book on them this year is that they will hit but their pitching is going to be what holds them back.