Auburn Redux

Stinger90

Helluva Engineer
Game 16. Lineup 16. #Jackets host Auburn at 6p.
CdnTF91W4AIegwu.jpg

Number of different players Tech has used at each position: C 2 1B 2 2B 1 SS 1 3B 2 LF 6 CF 2 RF 4 DH 5

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Jesus can we please stop the ****ing bunting so early in the game. Let the guy hitting close to .400 swing the bat.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
I was going to comment on how bad Stallings looks in left field but after the last two home runs I think that wind is making his life hell on some of these fly balls.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Well wind or not Auburn has three extra base hits because Stallings is scared of the wall in left field.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I was goingn to comment on how bad Stallings looks in left field but after the last two home runs I think that wind is making his life hell on some of these fly balls.
Wind may be tricky, but I'm guessing you have hit the nail on the head for the reason Stallings has not played as much so far. Johnson in RF is kinda shaky at times so pairing them both in the corner spots is kinda scary.

This is UGLY.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Well, this game is extremely disappointing and ugly. Errors, walks, hit batsmen, we have killed ourselves again. It's hard enough to win in baseball when you don't give games away, but this meltdown is epic. Whatever virus we caught at the end of last season has apparently reappeared big time.

Whew! Sad. I had my hopes up so high.....

So that I don't offend certain individuals with the truth, something is just not clicking with baseball program the last 5 years. I don't know, maybe coaching. Keep doing the same things wrong, you got to start thinking what are the priorities of the coaching staff. Let the bashing begin experts. Results speak for themselves before you experts chime in.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
This one is my bad guys. I had to leave the house and apparently when I left the wheels instantly fell off.

But if you remember I gave you the Georgia Southern game so it evens out.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I am so depressed about this team. I thought it was going to be theteam that got us back to hosting regionals. Right no, it is a total embarrassment. It does nothing except make double plays. Our outfield defense is horrible , unless Gonzo is in left, then third base is poor. Peur was a good RF, but a poor CF. Stallings, who was billed as a super power hitter, not only can't play defense, but can't hit either. I believe I counted nine straight swing and misses for three straight strike outs last night. You would think you would at least foul tip one. The base running is also poor. THe wonderful young pitchers are not so grand now that we are playing teams better than the pee wee leagues. I hope this too shall pass. But it looks like chapter two of the last three weeks of last year.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="MWBATL, post: 214697, member: 944".]

Whew! Sad. I had my hopes up so high.....[/QUOTE]

Take a breath and say Danny Hall slowly. We peak in March every year.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Well I guess that's it guys. Might as well pack it in. RIP Georgia Tech's baseball season. 2/19/16 - 3/15/16.

Over after 16 games.

You were far too young to be taken from us. :cry::cry::cry:

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Auburn split Fri/Sat with #3 Texas A&M scoring 20 runs in the two games vs some highly touted pitchers. While there is no excuse for the way we played vs Auburn this past week, these results show Auburn may be a pretty good offensive team.