Auburn - 2nd of 2

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
It definitely was a fair ball. If you look carefully, there are two vertical poles with a screen in the middle. The right most pole is the foul pole and the left pole is there just to support the screen between the two pole. The screen is there to aid the umpire in viewing a foul vs fair ball. The ball clearly passes behind the two poles, but is visible through the screen as it passes behind the screen.
They showed this in slow motion repeatedly. The umpires went to their dressing room to review the TV replay. They came out and signaled a home run. The two idiot AU announcers went crazy. They went on and on about the call the rest of the game. The fans kept yelling "home run" every time we fouled a ball into the first base side stands.
TV replay also showed that a runner, Willhite, we had thrown out at home was safe. Even the AU announcers agreed with that.
I have only seen the video linked in this thread (I could only listen on radio last night). I took a screen shot and it looks to go in front of pole. Am I missing something? The radio guys sounded sure it was fair as well, but now I am not so sure.
foul or fair.png

65Jacket

GT Athlete
I have only seen the video linked in this thread (I could only listen on radio last night). I took a screen shot and it looks to go in front of pole. Am I missing something? The radio guys sounded sure it was fair as well, but now I am not so sure.
View attachment 2383
I am not sure which poles are yellow and which are white, but I am pretty sure that one of the white poles, probably the one on the right, is the foul pole. I did see that the AU Coach conceded that the ball was fair and a homer.