Auburn - 2nd of 2

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This is about the half way mark of the regular season. If we don't get better, we'll need to win the ACC tourney (snow ball's chance of surviving in and in an endothermic hell) to make the NCAAs.

Time to start a hot streak was the beginning of the ACC season. Next best time is "now".

Kel with a two run RBI T1 with an out in an eight pitch at bat. Nice to start with a lead 2-0 .......... Auburn helped with an error on the second hitter (Bailey) to put him on. So one of the two runs is unearned.

Please stay away from errors GT!!!!!!!!

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Somehow I think Hughes will pitch well tonight. He's missing, but not by much. Looks better to me than previous outings, especially once he gets a base runner. Seems like he dares them to hit the ball once he gets a runner.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Never mind. I spoke too soon. Three more walks in the 3rd and one has already come in to score. Hughes is looking wild now.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Somehow I think Hughes will pitch well tonight. He's missing, but not by much. Looks better to me than previous outings, especially once he gets a base runner. Seems like he dares them to hit the ball once he gets a runner.

I'm just listening since I don't like the SEC announcers for some reason. Hughes needs to be pulled from what I'm hearing.

1 out B3. 55 total pitches and 25 strikes. 5 walks and no Ks. Walked last two...... to load bases.

Then a single to score two. Now 5-3. We deserve to lose this game with not pulling the pitcher quicker. Put in anyone in who throws strikes. Too fricking depressing to listen to. Bye.

Deleted member 2897

The walks are just so depressing. I still remember the 3rd Clemson game (I think it was). A walk, a hit batter, a homerun. 3 runs on 1 single hit.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
5 walks in 2.1 innings is just awful. Hughes is going to be a good one, but he desperately needs to start finding the zone.

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Cmon guys!

CDH definitely left Hughes in too long. He got a couple of lucky breaks to get out of the first two innings unscathed.

Deleted member 2897

And another walk. Then a base clearing hit. We went from 5-0 to down 7-5 now. And the inning isn't over yet.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Who is coaching these guys? All you need to know is that Auburn has 3 hits, yet they have 7 runs. Hall seriously needs to start looking for a pitching coach.

Deleted member 2897

So we got a gift on the HR call, but I'll take it!

Really? 'Watching' on Twitter, and they said the Umps went back and looked at a video review of it. How can you miss a call in real life AND when given a chance to watch it again in slo-mo on video?

RoosterJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
The announcers were adamant that it was foul (granted, they're Auburn guys), but I also have a buddy at the game and I texted him---he said it looked to have been 3-4 feet foul. I'm watching the live stream, but really couldn't tell either way---either my tv sucks or the quality of the stream isn't great.