Attendance Down Significantly (AJC)

TheTechGuy

Ramblin' Wreck
Link to article.

“The announced attendance for the Yellow Jackets’ Saturday home loss to Boston College - 31,511 - was the lowest for a Tech home game since a November 1989 game against Boston College.”

GTcanWINagain

Banned
While I was there at Grant Field for the BC game, many were not. Why blame them? The longer Tech FB is non-competitive, the weaker its bond will be with young fans who never saw what those of us who got to be part of 1990! In 37 years of cheering on the Jackets, I have seen 10 wins over UGA…with 4 of those in 1984-1990!

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Apathy has set in. Collins better have his team firing on all cylinders, plus nitrous and hybrid to start next season.
Or, we get the bounces we needed this year to win the close games. Best example is '14 when we got all the bounces and '15 when we did not. Like it or not, we are a few breaks from being 9-1. (Does that mean we are a good team or lucky team?; also a few breaks from being 1-9).

Is our coaching staff great? No, that's why they are at GT and not a factory school. BUT, we are getting higher ranker players (some flame out some excel) and the more experience, the more breaks we should get. I'm still a believer of where CGC says we can go, but my belief in him being the captain of the ship is severely waning. And my sliver of belief comes from being a college coach and knowing what its like to tell a player (18 to 22 year old kid) to cover an assignment and them not do it (see BC QB touchdown runs). They play a mans game yet are still stupid college kids.

I never have understood mid season firings. Esp the OC or DC, (see UF vs Samford). As an AD, just send out feelers and listen to backdoor chatter and be ready (with the big money folks) as soon as the season ends to cut bait and start interviewing.

I just sent my A-T Fund check, and will renew my season tix, and possibly add one ticket. Even though some on here feel differently, money is what we need so I'm not going to stop giving just to prove some stupid point.

Go Tech! I'll PROUDLIY wear my GT apparel and be as loud as I can when the mutts come into our house. I'll stay to the end, win or lose, and watch the band do their thing at the end. And then make the 3hr+ drive back home thinking "Next year will be our year!" and getting ready to cheer for Alabama the following week.

THWG!

majorQ9

Jolly Good Fellow
Or, we get the bounces we needed this year to win the close games. Best example is '14 when we got all the bounces and '15 when we did not. Like it or not, we are a few breaks from being 9-1. (Does that mean we are a good team or lucky team?; also a few breaks from being 1-9).

Is our coaching staff great? No, that's why they are at GT and not a factory school. BUT, we are getting higher ranker players (some flame out some excel) and the more experience, the more breaks we should get. I'm still a believer of where CGC says we can go, but my belief in him being the captain of the ship is severely waning. And my sliver of belief comes from being a college coach and knowing what its like to tell a player (18 to 22 year old kid) to cover an assignment and them not do it (see BC QB touchdown runs). They play a mans game yet are still stupid college kids.

I never have understood mid season firings. Esp the OC or DC, (see UF vs Samford). As an AD, just send out feelers and listen to backdoor chatter and be ready (with the big money folks) as soon as the season ends to cut bait and start interviewing.

I just sent my A-T Fund check, and will renew my season tix, and possibly add one ticket. Even though some on here feel differently, money is what we need so I'm not going to stop giving just to prove some stupid point.

Go Tech! I'll PROUDLIY wear my GT apparel and be as loud as I can when the mutts come into our house. I'll stay to the end, win or lose, and watch the band do their thing at the end. And then make the 3hr+ drive back home thinking "Next year will be our year!" and getting ready to cheer for Alabama the following week.

THWG!
We are certainly not a few breaks from being 9-1

GTLorenzo

Helluva Engineer
Link to article.

“The announced attendance for the Yellow Jackets’ Saturday home loss to Boston College - 31,511 - was the lowest for a Tech home game since a November 1989 game against Boston College.”

While I wasn't there due to kids' commitments , I did give my four tickets and parking pass to a Tech fan who enjoyed the game with his boys. Just based on what I saw on TV, there were well less than 31,000 fans there. I'd think low 20s at best. Must be all of those "bad fans" I've been reading about in other threads who don't enjoy seeing opposing receivers beat our defensive backfield by 10 to 15 yards on each play or the misuse of time outs and clock management. Perhaps we should showers the stands with real money during money downs? That may draw some of those bad fans back!! :);)

Bonaire41

Jolly Good Fellow

THWG!
Thank you. We need better fans just like you and not the pretend ones. Again Thank you

tmhunter52

Helluva Engineer
If those pesky QBs on other teams would stop completing long, uncontested passes and if other teams’ RBs would just fall down when we whiff or try to arm tackle or if we hit our receivers and passed blocked and managed the clock better than peewee teams do and stopped the undisciplined penalties and generally found ways not to self-destruct, we would have all the breaks necessary to be 9-1! 😀

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Look at the point differential with the loses and you will be surprised. Coaching mistakes, missed FG, blown assignments all count as breaks. Hate CGC as much as you want, but we have been beaten by more that 12 pts only once this year.

JasonJ

Georgia Tech Fan
How much of the blame lies with GT? Fans can't prop up a program for a school that is okay with mediocrity. Making it to the Belk Bowl is losing. Their football budget is proof. Georgia and Bama pay their assistants as much as G5 head coaches. I donate and, like most fans, expect a decent ROI. While most GT fans have a connection to the school, most did not attend. Produce a better product. Stop taking state tax money or prioritize students from the metro-ATL area. Losing is not acceptable at most P5 schools but it is at GT. We joke about the Dookies and the Deacons but....

Augusta_Jacket

Staff member

Our adjusted record in 2015, (where you factor in 1 score games and assume without "luck" you win/lose half), was 5-7. We had some hard injury luck, but we weren't all that great to begin with that year. In 2014, our ADJUSTED record was 11-3, same as the actual. The year we greatly benefitted was in 2009, when our adjusted record was 9-5 instead of 11-3.

We were a LOT less lucky in 2014 than we generally give ourselves credit for.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

THWG!
Our adjusted record in 2015, (where you factor in 1 score games and assume without "luck" you win/lose half), was 5-7. We had some hard injury luck, but we weren't all that great to begin with that year. In 2014, our ADJUSTED record was 11-3, same as the actual. The year we greatly benefitted was in 2009, when our adjusted record was 9-5 instead of 11-3.

We were a LOT less lucky in 2014 than we generally give ourselves credit for.
Our losses to Duke and UNC in 2014 were for a combined total of 11 points. We did win a couple of close games that year but that was a really, really good team. If you couldn’t get excited while watching that team then I’d have to check you for a pulse. 😂