Atlanta United News

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
ATL can capitalize on the NYRB and NYC losses, but tonight's match is probably the second or third toughest remaining so I won't be top upset so long as we come away with some points and no more injuries.

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Disappointing match - ATL played poorly and D.C. did not. Let's get six in the next two matches and come back to 70k fans against RSL

whitegoldsphinx

Ramblin' Wreck
Atlanta United's 4-3 win over the San Jose Earthquakes last night was absolutely crazy. San Jose had a 3-1 lead, and thought they had scored to go up 4-1, but video replay showed that San Jose had a handball in their penalty area prior to them going down and scoring the 4th goal. Instead, the goal was disallowed, Atlanta was awarded a penalty kick, and Martinez converted the PK to make it 3-2. AFC scored a few minutes later to tie it, and scored a goal in the fifth minute of stoppage time to win it 4-3. There is a video recap of the game in the link.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018...uakes-3-atlanta-united-4-2018-mls-match-recap

Jophish17

Jolly Good Fellow
Wild game indeed. Glad I stayed up - I considered tuning out at 4-1!

They need to play better, that game never should have gotten out of hand. Hope we can chalk it up to a short week and travel, otherwise d like last night will get shredded in the playoffs.