Atlanta Regional Preview

Deleted member 2897

Coastal scored 80 runs in their tournament. They're kind of due to have a dry spell actually.

Auburn's starter went 86 pitchers before getting pulled in the 4th inning. The next guy is already closing in on 30 pitches.
Coastal's starter went 71 pitches before getting pulled after completing 4. The next guy is now past 10 pitches.

Its still only in the 5th inning. We need Coastal to stay close to make Auburn use real bullpen guys.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I was nervous about having Auburn in our regional because it’s hard to beat a good team four times without losing. Hopefully CC can rally some and make Auburn continue to use their bullpen and not coast to an easy win.

Deleted member 2897

Coastal imploding unfortunately. Its still bottom 5 and now 8-2 and still 2 more guys on with only still 1 out. If Coastal doesn't get some runs soon, Auburn can just use deep bullpen guys and save everyone. Its setting up so far that we face a good pitcher tomorrow and a fully rested bullpen.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Now 8-2 Auburn and their reliever looks sharp. I’m calling this game. No late inning rally for Coastal, imho

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
CC 3 run bomb. 9-5 AU

Homer looks like it was caught, but it took the glove off the players hand and went over the fence when his wrist hit the top of the fence.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Auburn threw their most used RP (Anderson) 54 pitches. They didn't call their #2 bullpen arm though to replace him, lets see if it comes back to bite them for trying to save him....

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Bouncing around games. Nebraska uniforms are atrocious. NC State in trouble down 5-4 B8 weather delay. Miss St. down 4-2 to Southern B5. FSU up 10-7. FSU is the best chance at bouncing uGA but high scoring today just eats into their bullpen.

Auburn answers. 11-5 now.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2897

On a side note, while I was looking at stats I noticed that not 1 single Auburn player has an average over 0.300. Wow.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Auburn is using up all their offense today and goes back to their norm tomorrow. They couldn't beat Willingham, so I trust CT vs Burns who should be rusty coming back from injury.

Deleted member 2897

Hopefully Auburn is using up all their offense today and goes back to their norm tomorrow. They couldn't beat Willingham, so I trust CT vs Burns who should be rusty coming back from injury.

A lineup with 7 guys batting over 0.300 versus a lineup with nobody batting over 0.300. A lineup with our #1 pitching ace versus a guy coming back from injury. 1 team has owned the other this year. I mean, on paper everyone knows how this should play out.

EDIT: Just looked again. Not only are all 9 batting below 0.300, but the top batter is 0.288. Only 2 guys are batting over 0.275.

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
A lineup with 7 guys batting over 0.300 versus a lineup with nobody batting over 0.300. A lineup with our #1 pitching ace versus a guy coming back from injury. 1 team has owned the other this year. I mean, on paper everyone knows how this should play out.
I agree it should play out like that, but the only teams we have beaten in three consecutive games this year are Notre Dame and Western Carolina.

Deleted member 2897

I agree it should play out like that, but the only teams we have beaten in three consecutive games this year are Notre Dame and Western Carolina.

Yup, the cynical Georgia Tech fan side of me fully expects their pitcher to show up like freaking Rob Dibble or something!