Atlanta Falcons News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
They got the OL starter in march for 3yr/$12.75 mil. blogs say they're still looking for backups but the DL spot is the only one i know where they're likely looking for an immediate starter .I haven't been keeping up with FA's (cuz Suh already signed and they're tryin to save money for Ryan)...depth may be an issue but things could be a lot worse https://www.thefalcoholic.com/2018/...dified-the-falcons-draft-needs-nfl-draft-2018
Brandon Fusco was a very good pick up by the Falcons. At least the Falcons haven't screwed up like the Saints who gave away a 2019 1st round draft pick for a defensive end who they could have drafted in the 2nd round.

GT_EE78

Banned
Brandon Fusco was a very good pick up by the Falcons. At least the Falcons haven't screwed up like the Saints who gave away a 2019 1st round draft pick for a defensive end who they could have drafted in the 2nd round.
ha, i agree, wish the panthers would screw up a few picks too. (I'm sure glad they took DJ over calvin ridley - damn he's got good first name)

GT_EE78

Banned
The Panthers however have an inaccurate QB who wont be able to get the ball to DJ consistantly;)
And i hope he stays that way..... can't believe how many day2 mocks are out there.. i've seen the falcons picking DT's from usc,fsu,mich,samHouston a bama DE and auburn OG, the only common thread is that the stanford DT is gone in all of them ,darn just hope they can find a starter quality guy if there's not enough money leftover for a FA .

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
And i hope he stays that way..... can't believe how many day2 mocks are out there.. i've seen the falcons picking DT's from usc,fsu,mich,samHouston a bama DE and auburn OG, the only common thread is that the stanford DT is gone in all of them ,darn just hope they can find a starter quality guy if there's not enough money leftover for a FA .
I wouldn't mind the Falcons drafting NCSU NT BJ Hill:cool:

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Falcons draft with the 126th pick of the draft(26th pick of the 4th round) Southern Miss RB Ito Smith:mad::rolleyes::banghead::vomit: I don't get this pick at all with DT being a big need for the Falcons:mad::rolleyes::banghead::vomit: It was said on ESPN that he was drafted because 2018 is the last year of Tevin Coleman's contract with the Falcons.

GT_EE78

Banned
I can't say that i understand their thinking either. Oliver/Senat were picked while Phillips(DT-stanford) was available and ito was picked while Bo Scarborough was available. but i think the defense willl lose less than what the offense gained by getting Calvin.I think they now have the best WR trio in the league. their picks have done better in previous years than folks that i liked so i'm not that surprised that i can't guess what they're after

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The Falcons draft with the 194th pick in the 6th round LSU WR Russell Gage and with the 200th pick of the 6th round the Falcons draft Yale S Foye Oloukun:mad::rolleyes::banghead::vomit: I'm happy with Calvin Ridley,however, I'm disappointed in the Falcons not drafting enough defensive linemen and defensive ends which they need also while drafting wide receivers and a running back:mad::rolleyes::banghead::vomit: I don't think either player drafted in the 6th round will make the team.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Here's the Falcons list of Undrafted Free Agents for 2018

Kurt Benkert QB Virginia

Emmanuel Ellerby LB Rice

Matt Gono OG Wesley College

Chris Lammons CB South Carolina

Luke McNitt FB Nebraska

Damoun Patterson WR Youngstown State

Demario Richard RB Arizona State

Malik Williams RB Louisville

JC Hassenauer OL Alabama