Atlanta Braves News

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Negative on a broken elbow for Acuna. Awaiting CT results.

Even with a bad bruise there, it can hinder your swing. Don’t want to mess that up because slumps can develop off of such adjustments. Tough call on whether to play him tomorrow, should he get cleared.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
My .02 ...
1) This was all Urena, I don't think the Marlins planned this. Freddie said it right ... gutless !!
2) Not a huge Snitker fan, but my opinion of him just raised 10 fold.
3) Thought the Braves handled it right in this case not retaliating.
4) If the Umps hadn't thrown out Urena, this game would have gotten really ugly.
5) Most importantly, I hope Ronald is OK both physically and mentally and his career continues to skyrocket. Snitker said it right ... he didn't deserve this !!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
My .02 ...
1) This was all Urena, I don't think the Marlins planned this. Freddie said it right ... gutless !!
2) Not a huge Snitker fan, but my opinion of him just raised 10 fold.
3) Thought the Braves handled it right in this case not retaliating.
4) If the Umps hadn't thrown out Urena, this game would have gotten really ugly.
5) Most importantly, I hope Ronald is OK both physically and mentally and his career continues to skyrocket. Snitker said it right ... he didn't deserve this !!
Urena is a selfish no talent sack of shytt:mad:

TaxJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
And I love all these fake-a** tough guys with the, "Bwah, I'm ol' skool. Pitchers gotta pitch inside, blah, blah ... sometime fokes he hit."

STFU

The FS1 studio guy said it was Acuna's fault for putting his elbow in the way. R U Fkng Kidding me!

You know, I actually agree that it is Acuna's fault he got hit in the forearm. I know it is just a gut reaction to flinch like that but you are taught to not do that, sometimes you forget, especially when you're young. I had a friend get hit in the exact same scenario (wild pitch though) and he broke his arm so Acuna is lucky.

That being said, Acuna is playing tonight! What a boss, he isn't human.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
You know, I actually agree that it is Acuna's fault he got hit in the forearm. I know it is just a gut reaction to flinch like that but you are taught to not do that, sometimes you forget, especially when you're young. I had a friend get hit in the exact same scenario (wild pitch though) and he broke his arm so Acuna is lucky.

I mean, it's easy to say that if you ignore the fact that it was a 97 mph pitch. Dude didn't have much of a chance to formulate his flinch-reaction (is that a term?).

I'm sure your friend had plenty of time to dodge, write a novel and cook a 4-course meal while your feeble pitch ambled towards his hapless arm. ;) (ah c'mon, you laughed).

I hear you though, to a degree.

I should add that my post didn't capture the pure idiocy of the host's comments. It was like the Keith Hernandez comments on coke (see what I did there?).

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer

He's going to be suspended however

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Hmmm...

https://www.ajc.com/sports/wednesda...ating-five-plus-years/l0v1zfFS7EMB4uV9mBzm6I/

Maybe folks were tuning in to see guys not be exciting and interesting? Good thing the Marlins were there to wipe all the fun out of the game.

Can someone tell me what the Marlins ratings and interest are these days. What with them followin' all the unwritten rules and whatnot. Must be through the roof?

I love the "experts" talking about the unwritten rules of baseball in context with what happened last night. I would love for one of those so called expert to tell me what Acuna did to show up someone, come across as an a** or anything regarding baseball etiquette to be thrown at? I played and coached the game for a long time and have followed baseball even longer. Like I said last night I have no problem knocking an A** on his a** for being an a** on the field but last night was effing bush league b.s.