Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I like Realmuto, Mike. Would it take two young arms and a fringe type like Wisler was?

Albies left 6 on base tonight. Someone will pay for that in this series. Yard!

Only 6,500 approx. in the seats. There are more buried in the graveyard next door to me. The spirits here make more noise. O.K., maybe that’s the drinking spirits living around me.
Yeah the Marlins might ask for a lot for Realmuto(y)(y)(y)(y)(y) I've been to little league games that were louder than Marlins games:LOL::ROFLMAO::hilarious:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
The voice of reason here, after waking up to a headline: “Braves Pulling Away in NL East.” No not quite, yet. We have a couple of series against a team that has a decent story to them, this season(they don’t have our farm system, IMHO). Those six games could determine our/their fate. Doesn’t mean you don’t want to be up by some games in the standings by then!

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The voice of reason here, after waking up to a headline: “Braves Pulling Away in NL East.” No not quite, yet. We have a couple of series against a team that has a decent story to them, this season(they don’t have our farm system, IMHO). Those six games could determine our/their fate. Doesn’t mean you don’t want to be up by some games in the standings by then!
Yeah at the very least the Phillies will be fighting for a Wildcard place in the Playoffs and will have to be taken seriously until the end of the Season(y)

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I would be surprised if the Braves pull-away, hopefully they can keep a couple game cushion ... don't forget the final 3 are in Philly.
Although I don't think the hit on Acuna was intentional, I'm glad Newcomb plunked Anderson.
I was initially amazed that Snitker put in Culberson for Dansby, he's been red-hot lately ... I like Charlie alot but thought the better substitution would have been for Albies.
Nitpicking ... Newcomb needs to start throwing first pitch strikes, he gets behind too many batters and good teams will make him pay for it
and we are scoring runs but are also not taking advantage of runners in scoring position with less than two outs, IMO when we are up multiple runs we don't need a big inning, but lets manufacture a run to pad the lead ...

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
The Marlins win 1-0 over the Braves:banghead: Any loss to the Marlins is unacceptable:mad:

Outstanding pitching on both side, just couldn't get the one hit they needed.

Years ago I figured our that in any season there are 50 games you're going to win and 50 you're going to lose no matter what. It's the other 62 that decide your season.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Outstanding pitching on both side, just couldn't get the one hit they needed.

Years ago I figured our that in any season there are 50 games you're going to win and 50 you're going to lose no matter what. It's the other 62 that decide your season.
Yeah, I didn't mind the loss tonight because the Phils and the Nats lost. Straily is also the 1 Marlins pitcher that really scares me, so I kind of saw this coming tonight.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 72-56 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 52-78 5th place in the NL East Miami Marlins at 7:10 tonight. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 6-4 Anibal Sanchez and the starting pitcher for the Marlins will be 4-9 Wei Yin Chen.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Looks good with Sánchez and Gausman going in for the remainder of the series.

Other than the Yanks winning 120 games or something crazy one time and another team only winning around 40, the 50-50-50 formula holds true as OJF stated.

We only need 18 wins out of the last 34 to get to 90. That’s 18-16, barely above .500 ball, which is totally conceivable with teams packing it in(maybe Boston won’t want to stretch their starters out starting with us in September, having a big lead over the Bronx Bombers). To me, 90 is a success for this year, no matter what happens after.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Looks good with Sánchez and Gausman going in for the remainder of the series.

Other than the Yanks winning 120 games or something crazy one time and another team only winning around 40, the 50-50-50 formula holds true as OJF stated.

We only need 18 wins out of the last 34 to get to 90. That’s 18-16, barely above .500 ball, which is totally conceivable with teams packing it in(maybe Boston won’t want to stretch their starters out starting with us in September, having a big lead over the Bronx Bombers). To me, 90 is a success for this year, no matter what happens after.

116 wins is the MLB record so the 50/50/62 has been very accurate over of the years. In the modern era the '35 Boston Braves at 38-115 and the '62 Mets at 40-120 are the only outliers I can find.