Atlanta Braves News

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Honestly, I think closing out today is crucial. Critical even.

Bring back Keuchel but on a short-arse leash. As long as we have Folta ... Folten ... Foltine... Folty (dang, I almost got it) to pitch a potential game 5, we gud.

Cards no longer scare me now that we got through Wainwr and his crazy Braves-hatin' self.

-- I know, I know .. famous last words.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
I don't know guys, the 9th inning was awesome, but the Braves offense has a lot to be desired ...
Congrats to Soroka !! ... who is pitching today ??
Keuchel, I told you guys almost as far back as June that he would be games 1, 4 or 5. NLCS, WS, he could be a 1,4,7? Very economical with his pitches. Strong left arm, durable, fine fielder, bulldog(not dawg)mentality. You don’t put a Cy Young winner in the back of the rotation.

Have at me about Riley. But remember, the jury is still out. He’s younger than Soroka.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Mike, I would prefer a bullpen-type game and keep Keuchel fresh in case we needed him for a Game 5 ... or give Julio the start, but have a very quick switch if he's off !!
Yeah, but I don’t have enough antacid for a ‘Pen game. When you shoot several guys out there, it only takes one not to be on or “have it.” I had a problem in game 1 with Nuke being left out there, for it seemed like an eternity. Same with Melon Man, and I like him. Only two people on the team, I look younger than-O’Do Da Day & Melon Fella. O.K., maybe Keuchel too. That nest makes him look like Methuselah.

I do agree with you on our hitting. Pitching is so critical at this juncture, and manufacturing runs isn’t our specialty. Dodgers Staff is good. Houston has a nice staff.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Yeah, but I don’t have enough antacid for a ‘Pen game. When you shoot several guys out there, it only takes one not to be on or “have it.” I had a problem in game 1 with Nuke being left out there, for it seemed like an eternity. Same with Melon Man, and I like him. Only two people on the team, I look younger than-O’Do Da Day & Melon Fella. O.K., maybe Keuchel too. That nest makes him look like Methuselah.

I do agree with you on our hitting. Pitching is so critical at this juncture, and manufacturing runs isn’t our specialty. Dodgers Staff is good. Houston has a nice staff.

Interesting you mentioned the two teams we're gonna face. I see you workin', BuzzB. I see you. :cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Interesting you mentioned the two teams we're gonna face. I see you workin', BuzzB. I see you. :cool:
Yes my friend, I’ll admit to such. Some other people wearing an “A” on their cap(and that’s not for the Scarlet Letter), are studying saber metrics in some spare time too. Don’t let that talk of we are only looking at the Cards right now, fool you. We have scouts in the other 3 parks today, earning their keep.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Oh you wondered what sicko mode looked like? Exhibit A:

The question isn't why he was straddlin' the dugout fence. The question is why weren't you straddlin' a fence right with 'im?

This post was dedicated to @Milwaukee , may he rest in p.. oh, he's not dead yet? My bad, milw. :D

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
upload_2019-10-7_11-31-0.png

From the AJC ...

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Hey Mike, I'll be off-line, I have a 1:00 meeting today so I can't escape work ... I have it recorded and will watch late this afternoon, GO BRAVES !!!

Excuses, excuses.

Don't you know how to fake a heart attack/miraculous recovery once you make it home?

I guarantee, once you start spazzin' out in the conference room, half them dudes/ladies gonna catch on and lay out right with you.

Take some initiative, GTJ.