Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 37-28 2nd place in the NL East Atlanta Braves take on the 28-34 4th place in the NL East New York Mets at 7:30 tonight. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 5-4 Mike Foltynewicz and the starting pitcher for the Mets will be 2-4 Zach Wheeler.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Question for the Braves fans out there. If y'all were the Braves Front Office would y'all consider trading for free agent outfielder Bryce Harper in the offseason? He i think would be a good addition and is young and can put it back together.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 38-28 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves win 8-2 over the 28-35 4th place in the NL East New York Mets. The winning pitcher for the Braves is 6-4 Mike Foltynewicz and the losing pitcher for the Mets is 0-5 Paul Sewald.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Question for the Braves fans out there. If y'all were the Braves Front Office would y'all consider trading for free agent outfielder Bryce Harper in the offseason? He i think would be a good addition and is young and can put it back together.
I'm a bit torn on this. I would love to have Harper, but with Acuna, Inciarte, and Markakis manning the outfield, there is no room for him. We also have Pache and Waters coming through the minors to take over for Markakis one day. I would rather see us get a frontline starter to go with Folty and Newcomb. Also, get a shutdown closer to have Winkler, Minter, Carle, and Vizcaino be the main part of the pen. The big decision for me would be who to put at 3rd. We can trade for somebody like Moustakas who is only on a 2 year deal to leave a future spot for Riley, or Riley needs to be called up towards the end of the year to get his feet wet for the future.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I'm a bit torn on this. I would love to have Harper, but with Acuna, Inciarte, and Markakis manning the outfield, there is no room for him. We also have Pache and Waters coming through the minors to take over for Markakis one day. I would rather see us get a frontline starter to go with Folty and Newcomb. Also, get a shutdown closer to have Winkler, Minter, Carle, and Vizcaino be the main part of the pen. The big decision for me would be who to put at 3rd. We can trade for somebody like Moustakas who is only on a 2 year deal to leave a future spot for Riley, or Riley needs to be called up towards the end of the year to get his feet wet for the future.
You make a strong point that the Braves would be better off going after a top shelf pitcher and a strong closer in the offseason(y)

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 38-28 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves play the 28-35 4th place in the NL East New York Mets in a Business Man's Special on Wednesday 12:10 pm. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 1-1 Mike Siroka and the starting pitcher for the Mets will be 4-1 Jason DeGrom.

Last edited: