Atlanta Braves News

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
The 35-24 1st place in the NL East Atlanta Braves travel to San Diego to play the 26-34 5th place in the NL West San Diego Padres at 10:10 pm Monday night. The starting pitcher for the Braves will be 4-2 Julio Teheran and the starting pitcher for the Padres will be 3-6 Clayton Richard.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Great weekend taking 3 of 4 from the vaunted Nats !! ... regardless of how the offense mellows out (or not), if our starting pitching continues like this past weekend we are not going anywhere but the NLCS !!!
Big week to stay on top of the Division, west coast trips have historically been scary ...

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Machado would be interesting, especially for the longer term, but I'm not sure I want to mess with the chemistry and Camargo seems to be improving both offense/defense on a daily basis.
I would be afraid that the Braves would have to give up a lot only to have him going somewhere else after the 2018 season like what happened to 1st baseman Mark Teixeira;) I would like the Braves to get Marlins catcher J.T. Realmuto or Oakland A's 2nd baseman Jed Lowrie who i think could be switched to shortstop.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
No offense to Tyler Flowers, I think he's a good player and even better teammate, but I think Kurt Suzuki should be given the chance to be our every day catcher.
Not sure how old Kurt is, but I think he is good enough and if I were the Braves I'd be trying to bolster our bullpen before anything else.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
No offense to Tyler Flowers, I think he's a good player and even better teammate, but I think Kurt Suzuki should be given the chance to be our every day catcher.
Not sure how old Kurt is, but I think he is good enough and if I were the Braves I'd be trying to bolster our bullpen before anything else.
Kurt Suzuki is 34 years old. I agree the Braves bullpen needs to be strengthened.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
I kind of like switching them off every other day or every couple of days. They are both good enough to be starters on any other team.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
I kind of like switching them off every other day or every couple of days. They are both good enough to be starters on any other team.
What's your opinion about Oakland A's 2nd baseman Jed Lowrey? I think if the Braves traded for him that he could be switched to shortstop or Ozzie Albies could be moved over to shortstop. I think the Braves could take Jed Lowrey off of the A's hands because theyr're always willing to trade their best players for Minor Leaguers.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I really don't want to mess with the lineup at all at this point. Machado might be the only position players I'd be interested in and only if a contract extension can be worked out prior to the trade. I remember all too well the rape job over Tex.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
What's your opinion about Oakland A's 2nd baseman Jed Lowrey? I think if the Braves traded for him that he could be switched to shortstop or Ozzie Albies could be moved over to shortstop. I think the Braves could take Jed Lowrey off of the A's hands because theyr're always willing to trade their best players for Minor Leaguers.
I like Lowrie and he wouldn't cost a lot so I wouldn't mind getting him and platooning him with Swanson.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Just don't see the need. If anything I would look to bulk up the bullpen but even with it there's no crisis. I really like how this team is built and don't see any major weakness.
I'm just not sold on Swanson and his defense scares me. It would also be nice to have somebody like Lowrie for depth.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Understand, I disagree about Swanson D though. He's made enough plays that I don't see him as a liability in the least. I got to see him play at Vandy and never had a question about his D.
He just worries me when he fields the ball to his side instead of getting to his spot and fielding the ball in front of him. He'll also make the spectacular play and then botch a routine play. He's not a bad fielder, but he isn't a gold glover.