Atlanta Braves News

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Whew, Snitker is such a horrid in-game manager. Follows the book and goes to his bullpen every time, even though it is the weakest link on this team. And Brach seemed to be pitching just fine and dandy....but Nooooo, let's pull him. to get the "matchup" we want. Kaboom! Getting shelled again 6-1 after the bullpen implodes in the 8th yielding 4 runs.

Only thing that has saved the Braves is that the Phillies manager is even worse.

MikeJackets1967

Helluva Engineer
Whew, Snitker is such a horrid in-game manager. Follows the book and goes to his bullpen every time, even though it is the weakest link on this team. And Brach seemed to be pitching just fine and dandy....but Nooooo, let's pull him. to get the "matchup" we want. Kaboom! Getting shelled again 6-1 after the bullpen implodes in the 8th yielding 4 runs.

Only thing that has saved the Braves is that the Phillies manager is even worse.
I would love Joe Girardi to manage the Braves:cool:

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
5 1/2 over Phillies, 5 in the all important loss column. 6 1/2 over Nats.

4 game losing streak, ties the longest of the season. 38-38 at home.

Sánchez seems to still be the most consistent starter. Folty needs to get this control thing ironed out. Funny, Baltimore casted Gausman off and he is in our top three.

Bullpen, will be a “stopper.” Stop the Braves from getting past Round 1.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
Yeah:banghead: I'm starting to think the Braves are going to choke this lead away:vomit::rolleyes::banghead:

No Mike, I don't think so, but it'll get closer than what we prefer ... sounds crazy but we need to get away from Sun Trust Park (sic).
In reality we are not the best team in the East, inconsistent starting pitching and hitting with no bullpen ... but we'll take it and gain some post-season experience for next years run !

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Jake, I agree with you on “it will be close.” With 10 games after today and 5 1/2 ahead, we will be thankfully not to have to play more games in the regular season beyond September.

Interesting stat., that we are 4th in all of baseball at run production. So, hitting over the entire 151 games going into the current game today with no score in the third inning, has not been the problem. Quality starts have been sufficient, defense has been beyond average. The bullpen, a resounding NO. Statistics prove it out.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
No Mike, I don't think so, but it'll get closer than what we prefer ... sounds crazy but we need to get away from Sun Trust Park (sic).
In reality we are not the best team in the East, inconsistent starting pitching and hitting with no bullpen ... but we'll take it and gain some post-season experience for next years run !
Just curious, who do you think is the best team? The Phils? They have one of the worst records in baseball over the last month of play. I think we can all agree the NL East is not a juggernaut this year, but I believe the Braves have been the most consistent team, in that division, throughout the year.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Just curious, who do you think is the best team? The Phils? They have one of the worst records in baseball over the last month of play. I think we can all agree the NL East is not a juggernaut this year, but I believe the Braves have been the most consistent team, in that division, throughout the year.
Personally, I still think the Nats are the best team even though they have not performed like it this year.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer

I think the Nats have the best starting pitching and line-up in the East ... they haven't played like it for most of the season, but I wouldn't want to face them in a post-season series (obviously we won't have to).

Braves win today, magic number down to six with the Phillies up next at Sun Trust.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
A scary ninth inning. Minter walks two, gives up a hit, then has to battle out of it. He doesn’t get a save or deserve one.

Win three out of seven over Phillies and they are done. The Mets series is only relevant, if we have trouble starting tomorrow with the next four games.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I would easily take a four-game split with the Phillies at Sun Trust.
Magic number would be two heading into a three game series with the Mets and the Phillies heading out to Colorado.
That's what I want too. Just give me a split.

sidewalkGTfan

Helluva Engineer
I think the Nats have the best starting pitching and line-up in the East ... they haven't played like it for most of the season, but I wouldn't want to face them in a post-season series (obviously we won't have to).

Braves win today, magic number down to six with the Phillies up next at Sun Trust.
Oh, I don’t think there’s any question the Nats are the most talented team in the East but that’s why they play the games.