ATL week 2

stech81

Helluva Engineer
Well, the unnamed key player SUPPOSEDLY broke his ankle on his final play, and yet he's on the list, thank God.
I don't remember anyone being carried off the field at the end of the game. But I guess it could be a small bone and said player could still walk. You just don't see many players walk off the field with any ankle problem. At least you would think they would be limping on it. ( unless it was after the game and did it in practice)

78pike

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't remember anyone being carried off the field at the end of the game. But I guess it could be a small bone and said player could still walk. You just don't see many players walk off the field with any ankle problem. At least you would think they would be limping on it. ( unless it was after the game and did it in practice)
If you watch the replay and slow it down, the last carry Mason got, the defender rolled up on the back of his leg and ankle. The camera immediately cut away so you couldn't see if he limped off. But after that play he didn't return to the game. Given how well he was running it along with his past history of toting the rock late in games, it would seem a bit suspicious that he never entered the game again in the final minutes.

green&gold

Jolly Good Fellow
Got a question: If the most bad *** of the bad asses get the single digit numbers why is Graham #4, Howard #5, Oliver #8? Why is there no #9?

doesn’t mean they’re the most “badass”

also, who cares? They are all playing. But yeah WHAT ABOUT A NUMBER NINE!?!

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
At what point do we move Graham to another position? Great athlete. As a Sophomore he’s got time to make a transition and make a huge impact. Maybe that means he’s the #2 right now? Pure conjecture.

I agree, but if the staff wants to keep him (not see him enter the portal), they have to do this strategically. My guess is that at some point, they are hoping he will ask to move positions. It was interesting to note that Jeff mentioned both Tuck and Yates as helping him during the game, but he did not mention Graham. Graham, although rooting for his teammates, is probably frustrated right now. Also, if he was told that he is 2nd in the pecking order, he probably would not want to move just yet. I have no idea where he is in the pecking order, since we have an ATL. :)

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree, but if the staff wants to keep him (not see him enter the portal), they have to do this strategically. My guess is that at some point, they are hoping he will ask to move positions. It was interesting to note that Jeff mentioned both Tuck and Yates as helping him during the game, but he did not mention Graham. Graham, although rooting for his teammates, is probably frustrated right now. Also, if he was told that he is 2nd in the pecking order, he probably would not want to move just yet. I have no idea where he is in the pecking order, since we have an ATL. :)

Good point. There may not be a school where he can play QB, but give that some time to sink in before having the conversation.

BCJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
It was interesting to note that Jeff mentioned both Tuck and Yates as helping him during the game, but he did not mention Graham.

Additionally, Zamari Walton said:

"Going against [Sims] is just good work. I mean, even from the backups... we have three good quarterbacks and so just seeing all of those guys come out and go against them is really good, because you're getting good work."

Which, he might have meant three good backups. But I didn't hear it that way. With Sims' elision of Graham in his comments, it caught my ears.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow

Swilling was in a boot at the game after suffering a foot injury prior to the season. Clayton is believed to have missed the game with a leg injury. Defensive tackle T.K. Chimedza, whom Collins said earlier this week is out for the season, was also not on the chart. Running back Jahmyr Gibbs, who did not play against Florida State for an unspecified reason, is on the chart.

At defensive end, freshman Emmanuel Johnson was added to the list while redshirt freshman D’Quon Douse joined the chart at defensive tackle.

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Isn’t Gowdy #9? We reserved it out of respect for him right?
Gowdy is #7

Looks like #9 is still up for grabs