ATL week 2

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
Never mind, looks like no one is #9. Maybe someone can earn it over the course of the season? The last single digit number is reserved for good play and effort in the season?

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I’d guess if Sims continues to start (which he likely will now) he picks up #9 mid season as a boost ( or earlier if we need more good news / a pick me up)

Southpawmac

Helluva Engineer
I would imagine they want to save a number or two for people next year. If you give all the single digits out to kids that aren’t seniors, then they won’t be able to honor people the next year. Plus with each single number having the potential to be used twice (offense and defense), they might have max number they hand out so they don’t diminish the importance. If 20 of the 85 players have a single digit, that kinda kills the exclusivity.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
It says here that Douse was added to the ATL. He actually played in the FSU game and was injured at one point. How did he play at FSU if he wasn't ATL? If he was ATL for FSU, how was he added to something he was already a part of?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I would imagine they want to save a number or two for people next year. If you give all the single digits out to kids that aren’t seniors, then they won’t be able to honor people the next year. Plus with each single number having the potential to be used twice (offense and defense), they might have max number they hand out so they don’t diminish the importance. If 20 of the 85 players have a single digit, that kinda kills the exclusivity.
All single digits are released each year. You have to re-earn it on the field. I heard this in one of CGC's many, many press conferences over the past year-and-a-half.

Do not ask me for a reference. I don't have one and am not going to go looking for one.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer
It says here that Douse was added to the ATL. He actually played in the FSU game and was injured at one point. How did he play at FSU if he wasn't ATL? If he was ATL for FSU, how was he added to something he was already a part of?

We may not have known for sure TK was out until after the chart came out. Pretty sure lots of guys have played who weren't on the list and not everyone on the chart plays, either. It is fun discussion material, but otherwise not very useful...by design, probably.

Douse appeared to just have cramps

MonroeJacket

GT Athlete
I’d guess if Sims continues to start (which he likely will now) he picks up #9 mid season as a boost ( or earlier if we need more good news / a pick me up)
I’d imagine he’d stick with 10. I think he was 10 in HS. Not everyone wants a single digit. In my opinion, numbers 1-25 are all highly coveted. Numbers like 10, 23, etc. are very popular. 21 at Tech is huge. When I was at Tech, my dad wanted me to try and get 18 because of Billy Lothridge.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer

Douse probably would have been ATL if we knew Clayton was out when the chart was created.

Some guys don't play because of game situation. The first team OL was rolling and did not need a breather and the game was tight. Obviously Sims was leading the team -- no reason to pull him. ATL means ready to play at the level we need to be as competitive as possible. It doesn't mean will play.

Other than Douse, I believe all the non-ATL contributors were on special teams.

SWATlien

Ramblin' Wreck
Douse probably would have been ATL if we knew Clayton was out when the chart was created.

Some guys don't play because of game situation. The first team OL was rolling and did not need a breather and the game was tight. Obviously Sims was leading the team -- no reason to pull him. ATL means ready to play at the level we need to be as competitive as possible. It doesn't mean will play.

Other than Douse, I believe all the non-ATL contributors were on special teams.
Stone played as well.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Stone played as well.

Not sure how many snaps. I wonder if there are some guys below the line we'll work into the game situationally. Another part of the division is extra lifting for the developmental squad so less load on them game day. Maybe he's a guy they feel comfortable playing but want to build strength more than game experience.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
All single digits are released each year. You have to re-earn it on the field. I heard this in one of CGC's many, many press conferences over the past year-and-a-half.

Do not ask me for a reference. I don't have one and am not going to go looking for one.🎤⬇️🔚
FTFY HAHA

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Why isn't Dontae on Kickoff Return? What we have been missing for as long as I can remember on KR is consistently having someone with some acceleration. Acceleration gets us at least 5 extra yards every time and that's 5 yards we can always use. Dontae showed that last week. He should be continuing this this week. I don't want AB risk getting hurt. Juanyeh doesn't have acceleration

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Funny about Douse...was 6'3" 240 out of high school. Shrunk an inch and gained 65 lbs. :)
Yeah. I saw him on the sidelines and was like WOAH he is HUGE! Quite the transformation!

I think we are better in the trenches than most thought. There’s a reason Chris Martin left the team. If he was playing I think he would still be around.