Athlon's ACC Spring Preview

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I think VT will be a lot better than most expect.. Going to be in a lot of low scoring games.

That DL will be one of the best in the nation now that Luther Maddy got the medical approved.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
I think VT will be a lot better than most expect.. Going to be in a lot of low scoring games.

That DL will be one of the best in the nation now that Luther Maddy got the medical approved.

I agree about their D but, lordy, that O is a train wreck. While they return 9 starters on O they've given up back to back 3o plus sacks on their O line. If their D can hang in there and be injury free I see their season a lot like you do, 13-10, 17-14 in a bunch of games!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
@OldJacketFan

Yeah going to be some low scoring games for them.

Need to find a game manager at QB.

They don't have any good options though unless Brewer calms down...Williams is a okay RB....good TE in Hodges and a good WR in Ford...OL will be awful though.

I don't see anyway that offense is a scoring machine...they will have to live off the defense...as usual.

ClydeBrick

Ramblin' Wreck
Not a bad read all the way around though I have questions if the train wreck with VPI can be overcomed enough for them to finish 2nd in the Coastal.

http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/florida-state-seminoles-clemson-tigers-acc-spring-preview-2015-030215

Why the hell is there a UGAg link in the "Georgia" part of "Georgia Tech" in the second paragraph?? I think that somewhere there is a dwag fan that needs to be brought up on felony computer trespass charges!

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
VT G-C-G combo was the worst we faced in the ACC all season. Pillow fighters. If they don't fix that, it won't matter who is coming back.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think they are right about VT, wrong about Duke, and way, way wrong about UNC.

Imho, Eric is right. The main problem the Turkies had last year was losing their top three RBs to injury. When they were healthy they beat - ahem - the national champs. Their OL is no great shakes, but having good RBs sure does help in that department. That McKensie is gone doesn't help them and I think we can and will beat them, but I could easily be wrong.

Imho, DTGT is right about Puke. David Cutliffe is a right good football coach. They lost a lot, but they've been recruiting fairly well and they seem to find replacements. Their big problem is replacing Jamison Crowder. Gooooood luck with that. I think we win this one too and I'm more optimistic then about VT. Problem = we are playing them up there. Recently, this has not helped.

Imho, the Athlon people can't watch film. UNC sucked last year on D and, unfortunately, a lot of that outfit is back. Their O will be decent, but no more. I thought that when Fedora went up there that the conference was in a heap of trouble, but even he can't make much out of the program. Sheer lack of discipline, I think.

Imho, the team to watch coming up next year is Pitt. They have really good skill people, the best RB in the conference, and their new HC is unlikely to actively lose games for them.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
I think Tech., UNC, and Pitt will be in the top tier and the rest are fighting for 4th or maybe a tie for 3rd.

I reserve the right to revise and extend my remarks and yield back the balance of my time.