Athlon Predicts 2018 All ACC Team

Deleted member 2897

Keep in mind Ivy hates our O.

I know. And I readily admit that I'm asking for something they won't do - look at our players regardless of the traditional role of that position. That's the big reason lv20gt thinks I'm off base - asking for the impossible that's not how they give the awards out. I just think it shouldn't be so difficult to look at the merits of someone's play without first worrying what position you'd put them in. I don't care if someone lines up at scat back, QB, RB, TE, WR - whatever...if you score more rushing touchdowns than everybody else in the entire conference except 1 person, unless you had 37 fumbles along the way I don't see how that doesn't get you recognition. Including all 4 award teams, there were 29 offensive skill position awards last year. 29!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I just think it shouldn't be so difficult to look at the merits of someone's play without first worrying what position you'd put them in.

And the merits of his play didn't warrant a spot, even when considered as an option QB. He was terrible passing the ball, and subpar in facilitating the offense in the making reads department. The offense was at best mediocre. Sorry but just because he got his number called the majority of the time in 2 yard and goal situations doesn't. Look beyond the one cherry picked stat and it's obvious that Marshall didn't warrant all conference recognition last year. Maybe he'll improve this year and get there but he'll have to do more than punch it in from the 1 yard line 8 times.

Deleted member 2897

And the merits of his play didn't warrant a spot, even when considered as an option QB. He was terrible passing the ball, and subpar in facilitating the offense in the making reads department. The offense was at best mediocre. Sorry but just because he got his number called the majority of the time in 2 yard and goal situations doesn't. Look beyond the one cherry picked stat and it's obvious that Marshall didn't warrant all conference recognition last year. Maybe he'll improve this year and get there but he'll have to do more than punch it in from the 1 yard line 8 times.

I never said he should make it as QB.

He was also 3rd in the entire conference in rushing yards.