Athlon Predicts 2018 All ACC Team

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Never thought I'd have to defend a punter...but c'mon. Should be no doubt that PH3 is in the running for the Ray Guy, much less an All-ACC Team. I feel a Rodney Dangerfield effect around our whole program.
53-22520-rodney-dangerfield-1418222200.jpg

sgreer

Jolly Good Fellow
I guess according to the geniuses at Athlon, Tech is the least talented team in the ACC. Good thing what matters happens on the field and Win-Loss record and not their opinion

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
https://athlonsports.com/college-football/acc-football-2018-all-conference-team

Parker Braun 1st team

KirVonte Benson 2nd team

Brant Mitchell 3rd team

PH3 robbed at punter. disgusting

Probably about right based upon returning players. BUT you know what they say: "Past performance is no guarantee of future results" That works both ways for those who accept the challenge to work hard over the summer to get better and be ready to play when the lights come on.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
These ratings are a fine example of how the O affects how our players are seen.

Who is the overall rushing leader among ACC players returning this year? That would be Taquon. Yet he appears not even once in the listings. Why? Well, because he isn't a "real QB".

In philosophy, this particular fallacy is called a "no true Scotsman" argument. We can't rate TM because no true QB should be the leading returning rusher in the conference, just like we couldn't say he's generous because "no true Scotsman" is.

This is irritating, but there's a simple remedy: go out and have a great season.

Deleted member 2897

As a reminder, Georgia Tech is the most disrespected, overlooked, underrated football team in the country. Every year.

Remember that the guy who finished 3rd in rushing yards and 2nd in touchdowns last year overall in the ACC didn't get picked for the 1st team, 2nd team, 3rd team, or honorable mention. We routinely have players whose stats are materially better than 2 or 3 others who get awards every year.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Hope the ol coach doesn't get too cute w his substitution plans . The counter option left trap was a waste. got to have it and that take a fast strong r g

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
it will be tough for our punter to win since he will probably only punt two or three times this year!
If we can put together enough wins we should have plenty of representation on the team. There will be a number of outstanding seniors on the team and I just hope they have a healthy memorable year with a great bowl win (or two!) to top it off.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Right. We shouldn’t give out awards based on stats.

There's a reason you didn't use the player's name, because nobody here would think he was actually snubbed of anything. How about give all the relevant stats including those of the players who finished ahead of him?

Deleted member 2897

There's a reason you didn't use the player's name, because nobody here would think he was actually snubbed of anything. How about give all the relevant stats including those of the players who finished ahead of him?

Only 1 person in the entire conference had more rushing touchdowns. What is more relevant than stats? Why do we need name, height, age or anything else? But yes I am fishing...just tired of seeing our guys with better stats get left off. 2 years ago Clinton Lynch had more total yards than 4 or 5 guys at the APB/WR position who got awards.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Only 1 person in the entire conference had more rushing touchdowns. What is more relevant than stats? Why do we need name, height, age or anything else? But yes I am fishing...just tired of seeing our guys with better stats get left off. 2 years ago Clinton Lynch had more total yards than 4 or 5 guys at the APB/WR position who got awards.

I said give ALL the relevant stats? Like passing yards, TDs, and completion %, considering it was a QB and not a RB that you are referring to. How about the stats for the QBs who were ahead of him? He didn't have better stats than those ahead of him and didn't lead a better offense. No, Marshall didn't deserve all conference honors last year. Also, I don't know why you keep it up with Lynch. There wasn't an APB slot on the all conference teams in 2016. And he isn't a WR so of course he didn't get it at the WR slot. I have no idea why you think a guy with 900 all purpose yards being left off is some huge slight. For comparison The third team all conference APB this year had about 1550 total all purpose yards. Get a hold of your persecution complex.

Deleted member 2897

I said give ALL the relevant stats? Like passing yards, TDs, and completion %, considering it was a QB and not a RB that you are referring to. How about the stats for the QBs who were ahead of him? He didn't have better stats than those ahead of him and didn't lead a better offense. No, Marshall didn't deserve all conference honors last year. Also, I don't know why you keep it up with Lynch. There wasn't an APB slot on the all conference teams in 2016. And he isn't a WR so of course he didn't get it at the WR slot. I have no idea why you think a guy with 900 all purpose yards being left off is some huge slight. For comparison The third team all conference APB this year had about 1550 total all purpose yards. Get a hold of your persecution complex.

There were multiple people who got all conference awards in 2016 with hundreds fewer total yards than Lynch. I am just old fashioned and think the guys with the best stats should get an award...even if only 4th team. I never said Lynch should’ve gotten an award this year so I don’t know where that came from.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
There were multiple people who got all conference awards in 2016 with hundreds fewer total yards than Lynch. I am just old fashioned and think the guys with the best stats should get an award...even if only 4th team. I never said Lynch should’ve gotten an award this year so I don’t know where that came from.

And they played different positions. Also, there was no 4th team. There was also no APB spot in 2016. And I was talking about Lynch in 2016 because you clearly think he should have gotten a spot that year which there is no reasonable argument for. He's not a WR, there was no APB spot, and he was clearly behind others, by a good bit, who were ahead of him at the position he played.

He didn't have the best stats. Just stop it.

Deleted member 2897

And they played different positions. Also, there was no 4th team. There was also no APB spot in 2016. And I was talking about Lynch in 2016 because you clearly think he should have gotten a spot that year which there is no reasonable argument for. He's not a WR, there was no APB spot, and he was clearly behind others, by a good bit, who were ahead of him at the position he played.

He didn't have the best stats. Just stop it.

1, 2, 3, honorable mention. Just stop it.