Asanti Price to Transfer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Let's be honest here: Pastner expects a LOT from the guys on the floor on both ends of the court. You need to check your feelings at the door because he has no problem chewing you out in front of the entire arena (and national TV). There's a reason he runs a short bench. That type of coaching isn't for everyone, and I can imagine it's especially hard for someone that's a freshman.

That said, Price showed some flashes earlier in the season, and it appears he might have tailed off on what was expected of him...hence the "buy in" comment on GT60. Good luck to him, but it's a shame he didn't stick it out and fight for minutes.

tsrich

Ramblin' Wreck
Sorry to see him go there. Not sure if it was academics or lack of interest. Hope he has a great season and gets to a comfortable place next year.
That really surprises me. He didn’t work out here but I think he showed he had D1 potential. Maybe it’s a tough time to try to transfer

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
Based on Pastner's statement referring to "buy-in" with regards to Price's transfer, I had assumed that Price wasn't interested in working himself up the ladder on an ACC level team and hit the portal to hunt a more plug-n-play role.

It is a little bit of a puzzlement that the best he could do for himself was a community college? I thought he showed more promise than that. Maybe he wanted to insure that he wouldn't have to sit next season because of transfer rules? Maybe he had been an academic casualty all along? Some other off the court issues to put-off coaches?

Wish him well regardless. I thought he showed promise to be a real good player.

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Based on Pastner's statement referring to "buy-in" with regards to Price's transfer, I had assumed that Price wasn't interested in working himself up the ladder on an ACC level team and hit the portal to hunt a more plug-n-play role.

It is a little bit of a puzzlement that the best he could do for himself was a community college? I thought he showed more promise than that. Maybe he wanted to insure that he wouldn't have to sit next season because of transfer rules? Maybe he had been an academic casualty all along? Some other off the court issues to put-off coaches?

Wish him well regardless. I thought he showed promise to be a real good player.

Asanti had to work very hard on his academics, and it was tough for him. But he ended up doing very well. He is not leaving because of bad grades, but he may be looking for a school with a less rigorous and demanding environment. We can all appreciate that, I think.

He graduated high school early, and chose Tech really quickly. He really liked his teammates, and his parents were sold on Tech, so he committed. As a result, he missed out on the full recruiting treatment. He doesn’t want to sit out a year, hence the JC decision. After JC he can go through the full process and will likely get P6 offers.

I think this may be why he made this choice.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
I think the current environment made it harder for Price to get looks from P6 coaches. He can't visit in person or work out for the coaches. He played virtually no minutes, so there is no game tape to watch. I think he opted to go juco since he doesn't have to sit out a year and can (hopefully) get significant playing time to show other coaches his game. Then, in a year, he can transfer back to a D1 school and play immediately