1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Asanti Price to Transfer

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by CLM, Mar 11, 2020.

1. CLM

CLM Ramblin' Wreck

Price now too!

Attached Files:

2. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

Maybe CJP is stepping up his factory game. Maybe Tech isn’t a good fit. Who knows - I wish him the best.

dtm1997 likes this.
  3. Ramblingon

Ramblingon Helluva Engineer

Saw this one coming. He wouldn't get much PT next season with Alvarado, Devoe, Parham and Maxwell, but he probably would have beyond that. Too bad, but the best to him.

4. RamblinRed

RamblinRed Helluva Engineer Featured Member

This officially opens up a scholly we can use for Spring recruiting (HS or transfer) and not have to worry about the scholarship reduction.

5. Christov

Christov Jolly Good Fellow

He didn't thank the GT coaches.

CLM and kg01 like this.
  6. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

What happened here? Kid was playing well early.

7. reckrider

reckrider Ramblin' Wreck

Sad commentary on the state of college basketball. Immediate gratification required. Sounds like he’s unwilling to put in the work to contribute in the future. I don’t have a problem with Evan’s decision and wish him all the best. Not so much here.

Boaty1 and Gtbowhunter90 like this.
  8. kg01

What are you basing this on?

9. reckrider

reckrider Ramblin' Wreck

He’s leaving isn’t he?

Boaty1 and TheSilasSonRising like this.
  10. KeystoneJacket

KeystoneJacket Helluva Engineer

Seemed like a reach at the time. Best of luck to him finding a spot where he is more comfortable.

11. kg01

We have no idea why he's leaving.

Keith Stone Jacket is right. Best to just wish him well at this point.

ETA: Honestly, one thing I took from Bryce Gowdy's situation is to keep in mind that these aren't sports figures. These are kids. Human beings that have things going on that we can't ever fully know or appreciate.

It sucks to lose a prospect like this kid, who I figured would be really good for us. But the reality is he wasn't at GT for us. He was there for him. If he decides to leave, it sucks, but we gotta have enough perspective to choose not to just jump all over them because it stinks for us as fans.

Not yelling at you. I'm sure I'll have some tone deaf things to say in the future (probably about our coach but I digress).

Just had that on my mind.

12. reckrider

reckrider Ramblin' Wreck

I wish him well.

13. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Pastner seemed to indicate a need for Asanti to buy in to the program on his radio show, but who knows.

Jacket Forever likes this.
  14. MtnWasp

MtnWasp Helluva Engineer

He looked to have potential to me but he was a project. I prefer to keep our guys, but as with Cole's spot, this opening represents an opportunity to recruit someone better. If we replace projects with other projects, that is probably not a good pattern. But if we replace them with more polished players, then all is good. Gotta try to make lemonade out of the lemons.
    We could also hold a spot open to have next year serve as Year one of our NCAA imposed scholarship reductions, if the appeal does not go through.

15. kg01

I yell at you to buy into the program but you're still here.

:D

16. YlJacket

YlJacket Helluva Engineer

He is the kind of player who is depth next year but hopefully top tier year after in a get old stay old model. Hard to do the get old stay old model if kids won't stay through the gestation period. I am not overly concerned about him by himself but if we can't keep kids around while they work on their craft for the last couple of years then we are following the wrong model.

17. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Bingo!

18. TheSilasSonRising

TheSilasSonRising Helluva Engineer

Yeah, never knew they weren't part of the GT Family.

Wonder why he consulted with them?

Really is crazy however. have never heard of a S/A transferring out of GT.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2020
  19. lv20gt

lv20gt Helluva Engineer

So as of right now after next year we are slated to have....

SR - Devoe, Moore, Didenko
    Jr - Sjolund
    Soph - Meka, Maxwell, Gigiberia.

With two scholarships open I could easily see us spend one on a sit one to play 2 or 3 type of player. A sit one to play three PG would be a good add if it was the right guy. I could also see us going after a grad transfer big with Cole's scholarship now that we have one fewer seniors leaving. And obviously going after more freshmen is always an option.

One thing that I keep thinking about is how both Cole and Price were a bit of a stretches taken late in the process after we had missed on some earlier targets. Right now we probably have more momentum as a program than we have had in a long while and probably have more to offer than we did when we took either Cole or Price. We may not upgrade with the spots, but I think we are in a better situation to fill that scholarship now with a quality player than we were late in the process in any of the past couple of years.

Jacket Forever likes this.
  20. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

Sjolund is in the portal too my man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk