Jolly Good Fellow
Price now too!

Attachments

• A6E9F7BE-DEAF-4AD6-936B-101FDC681F5F.png
    A6E9F7BE-DEAF-4AD6-936B-101FDC681F5F.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 101

Ramblingon

Ramblin' Wreck
Saw this one coming. He wouldn't get much PT next season with Alvarado, Devoe, Parham and Maxwell, but he probably would have beyond that. Too bad, but the best to him.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
This officially opens up a scholly we can use for Spring recruiting (HS or transfer) and not have to worry about the scholarship reduction.

reckrider

Jolly Good Fellow
Sad commentary on the state of college basketball. Immediate gratification required. Sounds like he’s unwilling to put in the work to contribute in the future. I don’t have a problem with Evan’s decision and wish him all the best. Not so much here.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Sad commentary on the state of college basketball. Immediate gratification required. Sounds like he’s unwilling to put in the work to contribute in the future. I don’t have a problem with Evan’s decision and wish him all the best. Not so much here.

What are you basing this on?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
He’s leaving isn’t he?

We have no idea why he's leaving.

Keith Stone Jacket is right. Best to just wish him well at this point.

ETA: Honestly, one thing I took from Bryce Gowdy's situation is to keep in mind that these aren't sports figures. These are kids. Human beings that have things going on that we can't ever fully know or appreciate.

It sucks to lose a prospect like this kid, who I figured would be really good for us. But the reality is he wasn't at GT for us. He was there for him. If he decides to leave, it sucks, but we gotta have enough perspective to choose not to just jump all over them because it stinks for us as fans.

Not yelling at you. I'm sure I'll have some tone deaf things to say in the future (probably about our coach but I digress).

Just had that on my mind.

MtnWasp

Ramblin' Wreck
He looked to have potential to me but he was a project. I prefer to keep our guys, but as with Cole's spot, this opening represents an opportunity to recruit someone better. If we replace projects with other projects, that is probably not a good pattern. But if we replace them with more polished players, then all is good. Gotta try to make lemonade out of the lemons.
We could also hold a spot open to have next year serve as Year one of our NCAA imposed scholarship reductions, if the appeal does not go through.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
He is the kind of player who is depth next year but hopefully top tier year after in a get old stay old model. Hard to do the get old stay old model if kids won't stay through the gestation period. I am not overly concerned about him by himself but if we can't keep kids around while they work on their craft for the last couple of years then we are following the wrong model.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
So as of right now after next year we are slated to have....

SR - Devoe, Moore, Didenko
Jr - Sjolund
Soph - Meka, Maxwell, Gigiberia.

With two scholarships open I could easily see us spend one on a sit one to play 2 or 3 type of player. A sit one to play three PG would be a good add if it was the right guy. I could also see us going after a grad transfer big with Cole's scholarship now that we have one fewer seniors leaving. And obviously going after more freshmen is always an option.

One thing that I keep thinking about is how both Cole and Price were a bit of a stretches taken late in the process after we had missed on some earlier targets. Right now we probably have more momentum as a program than we have had in a long while and probably have more to offer than we did when we took either Cole or Price. We may not upgrade with the spots, but I think we are in a better situation to fill that scholarship now with a quality player than we were late in the process in any of the past couple of years.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
So as of right now after next year we are slated to have....

SR - Devoe, Moore, Didenko
Jr - Sjolund
Soph - Meka, Maxwell, Gigiberia.

With two scholarships open I could easily see us spend one on a sit one to play 2 or 3 type of player. A sit one to play three PG would be a good add if it was the right guy. I could also see us going after a grad transfer big with Cole's scholarship now that we have one fewer seniors leaving. And obviously going after more freshmen is always an option.

One thing that I keep thinking about is how both Cole and Price were a bit of a stretches taken late in the process after we had missed on some earlier targets. Right now we probably have more momentum as a program than we have had in a long while and probably have more to offer than we did when we took either Cole or Price. We may not upgrade with the spots, but I think we are in a better situation to fill that scholarship now with a quality player than we were late in the process in any of the past couple of years.

Sjolund is in the portal too my man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk