As of now how do y'all think the ACC will go in the 2017 Football season?

Deleted member 2897

I think the entire ACC next year will look more like Coastal Chaos.

Florida State plays Alabama, Florida, and Miami as their crossover game (in addition to playing Louisville and Clemson). Its pretty easy to envision a 9-3 for them max. Thats a rough schedule.

Clemson's is much easier with only Auburn OOC, then Louisville, Florida State - crossover games @ Virginia Tech and home against Georgia Tech. I would guess 10-2 for them maybe.

Louisville plays a horrid OOC schedule and their crossover games are freaking Virginia and North Carolina (who is losing their entire offense). I think Clemson and Florida State will be tough games, but on the ease of their schedule its not a stretch to see a 10-2.

On the Coastal side, Duke still sucks. Virginia Sucks. North Carolina loses 3 OL, their top 3 RBs, 3 players at WR who were 4 year players, their QB, etc. I think those teams spread around enough losses to boost us, Miami, Virginia Tech and so on - its not difficult for me to see 3 teams in the Coastal with 9 wins.

I think the ACC is now so good and balanced its going to hurt its own chances to get a team into the Playoff next year. Instead of finishing with a 14 win team like we have been, we might have like 5 teams that end up with 10+ wins after the bowl games but without someone in the CFP.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
How do y'all think the 2017 ACC football season will go as of now? Here's how I think things will go in 2017

Atlantic Division
1)FSU 10-2 and 7-1 in the ACC
2)Clemson 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
3)NCSU 8-4 and 4-4 in the ACC
3)Louisville 8-4 and 4-4 in the ACC
5)Wake Forest 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
6)Boston College 5-7 and 2-6 in the ACC
7)Syracuse 3-9 and 0-8 in the ACC

Coastal Division
1)Georgia Tech 9-3 and 6-2 in the ACC
2)Virginia Tech 9-3 and 6-2 in the ACC
3)Miami 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
4)North Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC
5)Pitt 5-7 and 3-5 in the ACC
6)Duke 4-8 and 1-7 in the ACC
7)Virginia 2-10 and 0-8 in the ACC

I hate them, but the road to a division championship for Georgia Tech goes right through Virginia Tech and Da U. It's just that simple. Miami will be formidable as long as MR is coaching them and Virginia Tech, in spite of significant losses on offense still has the man with the blueprint on how to stop the triple option so it will not be easy. Win 8 or 9 games and a division championship will be a very fine season.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I hate them, but the road to a division championship for Georgia Tech goes right through Virginia Tech and Da U. It's just that simple. Miami will be formidable as long as MR is coaching them and Virginia Tech, in spite of significant losses on offense still has the man with the blueprint on how to stop the triple option so it will not be easy. Win 8 or 9 games and a division championship will be a very fine season.
I agree. Luckily we get VT at home. More than likely on a Thursday. Miami I hope we catch early in the year. But I'm sure both teams will get a bye week before us and we will be coming off an away game at Clemson or playing them during exams.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
I kinda agree. Clemson is in the reload phase. The question they have now is the incumbent QB more like Watson, Tahj Boyd or Cole Stoudt?

As for us, we have to build off this season meaning 8 wins will be stale. I'm not doing a 720 into deep of Kool-aid poolside I did for 2015 but we should be expecting the double digits with the group we have coming back

You need to be a tech fan longer hoss. 8 wins is never stale. But i hear you. We shoulda built off 2014 too. But. And 2009. But. And 2006. But. And 1990. But. And 1998. But. And 2000. But.

Welcome
To tech lol

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I agree. Luckily we get VT at home. More than likely on a Thursday. Miami I hope we catch early in the year. But I'm sure both teams will get a bye week before us and we will be coming off an away game at Clemson or playing them during exams.
Naturally, the tobacco road mafia is even now figuring out ways to ensure that everyone gets a bye week before they play us. This past year was just the latest in a long line of ridiculous scheduling that favors our opponents. I get the distinct feeling that those people don't like us. Can't imagine why.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Naturally, the tobacco road mafia is even now figuring out ways to ensure that everyone gets a bye week before they play us. This past year was just the latest in a long line of ridiculous scheduling that favors our opponents. I get the distinct feeling that those people don't like us. Can't imagine why.
That is why South Carolina left the ACC in 1971. They believed everyone in the ACC was out to get them during basketball season.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
You need to be a tech fan longer hoss. 8 wins is never stale. But i hear you. We shoulda built off 2014 too. But. And 2009. But. And 2006. But. And 1990. But. And 1998. But. And 2000. But.

Welcome
To tech lol
It is remarkable that being a Tech fan is about like being forever tormented by thoughts of seasons full of shining hope cruelly dashed. We are punished by the gods of football like Prometheus was punished for an eternity by Zeus chained to a rock with an eagle tearing away at his liver. Bad analogy, I know but it gives you the flavor of what we are up against. Great seasons like 1990 and 2014 are followed by seasons of mediocrity or worse because recruiting is forever a crap shoot on the flats. Edit: Come to think of it a better analogy would be that poor soul Sisyphus who was condemned to roll that boulder up a hill for an eternity only to see it roll back down again. Well, once again here we are rolling that rock to the crest. Is it going to roll back down on us or are we at last to achieve greatness like 2014 or 1990?

Last edited:

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
It is remarkable that being a Tech fan is about like being forever tormented by thoughts of seasons full of shining hope cruelly dashed. We are punished by the gods of football like Prometheus was punished for an eternity by Zeus chained to a rock with an eagle tearing away at his liver. Bad analogy, I know but it gives you the flavor of what we are up against. Great seasons like 1990 and 2014 are followed by seasons of mediocrity or worse because recruiting is forever a crap shoot on the flats.
1970-1971 was the same way

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Your predictions just don't add up to me. If Louisville is 4-4 then you have to have them losing to Clemson, FSU, UNC and I guess NCSU? That means Clemson is losing to GT, VT, and FSU. Duke is only beating UVA which means Wake is only beating Duke, Syracuse and BC. Also with Pitt at 3-5 would only beat Duke, UVA, and Syracuse. So now NCSU at 4-4 is beating Pitt, Louisville, BC & Syracuse while losing to Clemson, UNC, FSU & Wake. So 3-5 Wake must be only beating NCSU, Duke, & Syracuse and losing to BC. But BC is 2-6 with wins over winless UVA & Cuse so they must be beating Wake which means maybe they beat Wake so Wake actually lost to NCSU so NCSU must’ve beat Louisville which doesn’t work so that means Louisville must actually be 5-3 in conference. So Miami at 5-3 with a win over FSU must mean they beat FSU, Pitt, Duke, Cuse & UVA while losing to GT, VT & UNC. UNC at 4-4 would have wins over Miami, Duke, UVA, Louisville, Pitt, & NCSU and losing to GT & VT so they must actually be 6-2? GT must now be beating UNC, Pitt, Wake, Duke, Miami & UVA while losing to VT and Clemson. But we beat Clemson which means we must actually be 7-1! VT, from above, has wins over Duke, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, GT, Miami, UVA and BC which means they are actually undefeated in the conference and barring a loss to West Virginia in the contention for the playoffs. So perhaps if the prediction was wrong about us and VT then maybe it is us that is 8-0 in the conference with VT being 7-1 so maybe we are in contention for the playoffs!!!!! GT National Champions 2017!!!!!!!!!

TO DATE, THIS IS POST OF YEAR.
No S Days "We are going to Charlotte"! for gt. We are going to the big dance!

eg1

Georgia Tech Fan

Welcome
To tech lol
This the sad and painful reality of our fandom. :banghead:

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think, for the foreseeable future, UM and VPI will be our primary competition in the coastal. FSU and Clem will battle over the Atlantic. VPI gets advantage in perm cross division opponent but I digress. And I wouldn't want to lose annual Clem game regardless.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
I think, for the foreseeable future, UM and VPI will be our primary competition in the coastal. FSU and Clem will battle over the Atlantic. VPI gets advantage in perm cross division opponent but I digress. And I wouldn't want to lose annual Clem game regardless.
This is funny Uncle Lou is a mental case:ROFLMAO: GT lives rent free in his UGAG head.:ROFLMAO: