As of now how do y'all think the ACC will go in the 2017 Football season?

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
How do y'all think the 2017 ACC football season will go as of now? Here's how I think things will go in 2017

Atlantic Division
1)FSU 10-2 and 7-1 in the ACC
2)Clemson 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
3)NCSU 8-4 and 4-4 in the ACC
3)Louisville 8-4 and 4-4 in the ACC
5)Wake Forest 6-6 and 3-5 in the ACC
6)Boston College 5-7 and 2-6 in the ACC
7)Syracuse 3-9 and 0-8 in the ACC

Coastal Division
1)Georgia Tech 9-3 and 6-2 in the ACC
2)Virginia Tech 9-3 and 6-2 in the ACC
3)Miami 9-3 and 5-3 in the ACC
4)North Carolina 7-5 and 4-4 in the ACC
5)Pitt 5-7 and 3-5 in the ACC
6)Duke 4-8 and 1-7 in the ACC
7)Virginia 2-10 and 0-8 in the ACC

FredJacket

Helluva Engineer
I like this because I see Ga Tech #1 in Coastal. I hope UVA can manage to 'improve' from 2016.. you did not seem to believe they can.

Purely wishful thinking... I'd really like to see VT take a stumble backwards. Maybe the "sophomore jinx" on Fuente?

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
FSU's schedule is brutal. Who are they losing to in the conference if you have Clemson at 5-3 and Louisville at 4-4 in the conference?

9-3 is a pretty far fall for Clemson. They really only have 5 difficult games. Auburn, FSU, GT, Louisville, and VT. I just don’t see them going 2-3 in those games especially since only Louisville and VT are on the road. The Atlantic should be decided between the winner of FSU and Clemson. The Coastal is a crap shoot.

VT doesn’t have near the favorable schedule they had this year. They play all their OOC games the first month and then end the season with 8 straight conference games. I think 5-3 wins the Coastal. Pitt has the most favorable conference schedule but may they’ll likely go 2-2 out of conference. I don’t see 5-7 for them. Probably 7-5 or 6-6 but they’ll still be in the running for the coastal up to the end.

I’m not sure we’ll do any better next year but perhaps one extra win in conference over perhaps Miami can put us in the ACCCG running. Beat both Miami and VT and I think we get in. UNC will crap the bed enough even if they beat us. Tennessee isn’t a good team to start the year with a new starting QB. Terribly coached but very atheletic and physical on D. They game doesn’t matter much but we beat them and it’ll build some confidence in MJ going forward.

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
FSU's schedule is brutal. Who are they losing to in the conference if you have Clemson at 5-3 and Louisville at 4-4 in the conference?

9-3 is a pretty far fall for Clemson. They really only have 5 difficult games. Auburn, FSU, GT, Louisville, and VT. I just don’t see them going 2-3 in those games especially since only Louisville and VT are on the road. The Atlantic should be decided between the winner of FSU and Clemson. The Coastal is a crap shoot.

VT doesn’t have near the favorable schedule they had this year. They play all their OOC games the first month and then end the season with 8 straight conference games. I think 5-3 wins the Coastal. Pitt has the most favorable conference schedule but may they’ll likely go 2-2 out of conference. I don’t see 5-7 for them. Probably 7-5 or 6-6 but they’ll still be in the running for the coastal up to the end.

I’m not sure we’ll do any better next year but perhaps one extra win in conference over perhaps Miami can put us in the ACCCG running. Beat both Miami and VT and I think we get in. UNC will crap the bed enough even if they beat us. Tennessee isn’t a good team to start the year with a new starting QB. Terribly coached but very atheletic and physical on D. They game doesn’t matter much but we beat them and it’ll build some confidence in MJ going forward.
I think Miami upsets FSU in Tallahassee

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
I would like for GT to get our groove back vs UNC.

The past several seasons have left us scratching our heads as to what game plan will be thrown at us.
It seems playing the mid season yields no benefit, perhaps earlier in the ACC schedule is better.
Seeing as they will be breaking in a new QB as well.

Would Clemson be better to open ACC action with?

I feel GT has a great opportunity to capitalize on the QB losses across the entire ACC coastal (even though we have a new QB as well) we have alot of returning talent and starters who can fill in the gaps to limit too much of a loss in talent early on..

I know it's Natty night, but I'm really looking forward to spring camp!

What is determining this is who is not coming back. Clemson, UNC, Miami, VaTech and Pitt pretty much have to replace their entire offenses. FSU loses Cook so that may be a blow to them. Yes we lose JT5 but we bring everybody else back.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
Your predictions just don't add up to me. If Louisville is 4-4 then you have to have them losing to Clemson, FSU, UNC and I guess NCSU? That means Clemson is losing to GT, VT, and FSU. Duke is only beating UVA which means Wake is only beating Duke, Syracuse and BC. Also with Pitt at 3-5 would only beat Duke, UVA, and Syracuse. So now NCSU at 4-4 is beating Pitt, Louisville, BC & Syracuse while losing to Clemson, UNC, FSU & Wake. So 3-5 Wake must be only beating NCSU, Duke, & Syracuse and losing to BC. But BC is 2-6 with wins over winless UVA & Cuse so they must be beating Wake which means maybe they beat Wake so Wake actually lost to NCSU so NCSU must’ve beat Louisville which doesn’t work so that means Louisville must actually be 5-3 in conference. So Miami at 5-3 with a win over FSU must mean they beat FSU, Pitt, Duke, Cuse & UVA while losing to GT, VT & UNC. UNC at 4-4 would have wins over Miami, Duke, UVA, Louisville, Pitt, & NCSU and losing to GT & VT so they must actually be 6-2? GT must now be beating UNC, Pitt, Wake, Duke, Miami & UVA while losing to VT and Clemson. But we beat Clemson which means we must actually be 7-1! VT, from above, has wins over Duke, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, GT, Miami, UVA and BC which means they are actually undefeated in the conference and barring a loss to West Virginia in the contention for the playoffs. So perhaps if the prediction was wrong about us and VT then maybe it is us that is 8-0 in the conference with VT being 7-1 so maybe we are in contention for the playoffs!!!!! GT National Champions 2017!!!!!!!!!

MikeJackets

Helluva Engineer
Your predictions just don't add up to me. If Louisville is 4-4 then you have to have them losing to Clemson, FSU, UNC and I guess NCSU? That means Clemson is losing to GT, VT, and FSU. Duke is only beating UVA which means Wake is only beating Duke, Syracuse and BC. Also with Pitt at 3-5 would only beat Duke, UVA, and Syracuse. So now NCSU at 4-4 is beating Pitt, Louisville, BC & Syracuse while losing to Clemson, UNC, FSU & Wake. So 3-5 Wake must be only beating NCSU, Duke, & Syracuse and losing to BC. But BC is 2-6 with wins over winless UVA & Cuse so they must be beating Wake which means maybe they beat Wake so Wake actually lost to NCSU so NCSU must’ve beat Louisville which doesn’t work so that means Louisville must actually be 5-3 in conference. So Miami at 5-3 with a win over FSU must mean they beat FSU, Pitt, Duke, Cuse & UVA while losing to GT, VT & UNC. UNC at 4-4 would have wins over Miami, Duke, UVA, Louisville, Pitt, & NCSU and losing to GT & VT so they must actually be 6-2? GT must now be beating UNC, Pitt, Wake, Duke, Miami & UVA while losing to VT and Clemson. But we beat Clemson which means we must actually be 7-1! VT, from above, has wins over Duke, UNC, Pitt, Clemson, GT, Miami, UVA and BC which means they are actually undefeated in the conference and barring a loss to West Virginia in the contention for the playoffs. So perhaps if the prediction was wrong about us and VT then maybe it is us that is 8-0 in the conference with VT being 7-1 so maybe we are in contention for the playoffs!!!!! GT National Champions 2017!!!!!!!!!
Atlanta would be one big party if GT was in the Playoffs:cool:

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Why does clemson take a step back while replacing a key qb but gt a step fwd?

Imo clemson still wins 10. There talent is great

Gt has a big question at qb imo. 8 wins is a good year for us next year. Just like 8 was good this year.

I kinda agree. Clemson is in the reload phase. The question they have now is the incumbent QB more like Watson, Tahj Boyd or Cole Stoudt?

As for us, we have to build off this season meaning 8 wins will be stale. I'm not doing a 720 into deep of Kool-aid poolside I did for 2015 but we should be expecting the double digits with the group we have coming back

Last edited:

RedPete

Ramblin' Wreck
Don't count-out Duke & Coach Cutcliffe for a potential bounce-back year like we just had. They're the only team in the Coastal with a returning QB in 6th-year senior Thomas Sirk. If Baylor continues their decline then Duke could go 4-0 OOC too.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The problem I have with predicting wins is that our competition is getting better, meaning acc coaches.

I think we can be a better team and have fewer wins.