Armchair Coaches... what do you want to see

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am no CPJ and no one would ever pay me to coach a college game, but

I really hope to see more midline, power option, and speed option over the triple option. I am also anxious to see more over loaded plays like we did second half of UGA and second half of the bowl game. Our OL is strong at the point of attack and getting to the second level seems to need some growth.

I hope I don't see the trips like the last three games. I don't like expecting the tackles to block a safety consistently. But, I bet CPJ will want the team to do it right and he may do it till they get it right.

I thought I would never say this, but I want to see some rocket tosses and counter dives.

I want to see the counter QB run/B Back pass option (fake rocket toss). I want to see the "backside" pass like the one to Perkins last year (Aback goes across the field to the "backside").

The A Back counter was not smooth in our first games. I would like to see the Aback shuttle pass we saw last year.

The biggest thing I want to see... is the MLB blown up on every triple option!!!!!

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
I want to see us get a hat on the MLB on our triple plays. I expect to see the typical 4-3 setup, and I think we will be fine.

We will only see trips a lot if they line up in the 3-5 (3-4). If they do line up like ND we will kill them.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
I am no CPJ and no one would ever pay me to coach a college game, but

I really hope to see more midline, power option, and speed option over the triple option. I am also anxious to see more over loaded plays like we did second half of UGA and second half of the bowl game. Our OL is strong at the point of attack and getting to the second level seems to need some growth.

I hope I don't see the trips like the last three games. I don't like expecting the tackles to block a safety consistently. But, I bet CPJ will want the team to do it right and he may do it till they get it right.

I thought I would never say this, but I want to see some rocket tosses and counter dives.

I want to see the counter QB run/B Back pass option (fake rocket toss). I want to see the "backside" pass like the one to Perkins last year (Aback goes across the field to the "backside").

The A Back counter was not smooth in our first games. I would like to see the Aback shuttle pass we saw last year.

The biggest thing I want to see... is the MLB blown up on every triple option!!!!!

I hear you, but some of this is game planning and some is defense dependent. Eg, we went to an unbalanced line to force them into a more conventional D. You don't just not do that.

bdsboy

Georgia Tech Fan
Tech's most favorable matchup in this game is our OL vs. Duke's DL. I would like to see us wear them down with dive plays until we are able to control the clock and score on nearly every possession. The wet conditions should favor a slow ground game with Skov and MM moving the chains up the middle. It might not be exciting, but it's most likely the way to secure a W.

I hear you, but some of this is game planning and some is defense dependent. Eg, we went to an unbalanced line to force them into a more conventional D. You don't just not do that.
I want to see us have a time of possession 38 or 39 minutes. I'd like to get Justin Thomas off the field by halftime and Matthew Jordan getting lots of snaps in this game. I'd like to see Ted Roof game planning on UNC with ten minutes left in the Duke game. I'd like to see Francis Kallon get 3 sacks and two strips.

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I would like to make ND look really good. That means them beating Clemson and us being in control of Duke the whole time.

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
Offense:
More passes on 1st down. (Not 40 yard bombs)
More of the Rocket Toss.
More Midline.
Hit your keys/blocks.

Defense:
More consistency.
Better Tackling from the front seven.

Special Teams:
Make FGs.
Punt the ball right. No shanks.
No bad snaps.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Control of the line of scrimmage, wide receivers getting separation, big old running lanes for our backs, no fumbles, and no missed tackles. That should pretty much handle things ;)

Legal Jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
I want to see the team come out with high energy, but under control. On defense, I want to see similar early results like we had against ND, but without the big busted plays. By and large, I'd be ok with a repeat effort from last saturday.

On offense, I want us to score a TD on the first possession. I want to ball movement on every down, and to see us convert a number of third downs early (from all permutations, 3rd and short, 3rd and long, etc). I want to see a couple of completed passes early too - basically just want to see the chains moving consistently due to our ground game. In terms of specifics, I want to see cleaner pitches, better second level blocking by the OL, and better edge blocking by the ABs and WRs, but especially the ABs.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
This is going to be a tough game for us. I don't know how we will respond to losing last week and playing, frankly pretty poorly. Is that our standard for play against more capable competition? I can't say but I am concerned it might be. Duke's defense shut us down last year and CPJ says their even better this year. They, like Notre Dame, confused JT and frustrated him on reads and execution of the offense in general. I'm concerned with our A Back play and our Wide Receiver play. It looked substandard last week end.

So I am hopeful of seeing better execution of our offense and a more physical and fast defense than we say last week. I will take a win by any margin.

Go Jackets!

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
Defensively - more of what we've seen all year with normal improvement.

Offensive - more production from the BBack spot. Improved perimeter blocking. Blocking of LBs. A competent passing game.

ST - Please get on the bus/plane this week. Thanks.