Armchair Coaches... what do you want to see

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Defense: continued improvement, and especially don't give up long plays.
Offense: execute assignments better

I wanted a midline/belly series against ND because I thought they'd over-prepare for the triple. Maybe we'll see that this week.

Essobee

Jolly Good Fellow
Tech's most favorable matchup in this game is our OL vs. Duke's DL. I would like to see us wear them down with dive plays until we are able to control the clock and score on nearly every possession. The wet conditions should favor a slow ground game with Skov and MM moving the chains up the middle. It might not be exciting, but it's most likely the way to secure a W.

This! So much This.^

JorgeJonas

Helluva Engineer
Get back to our line imposing themselves on the defensive line and backers and have strong blocking on the edge. Do those two things and I think Mssr. Thomas can take it from there.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
First and foremost, I want to see the return of the confident (not cocky mind you) swagger that has us playing composed. I want to see crisp execution. I hesitate to say I want to see this play or that play or this set or that set, because for me, that depends on what the defense is doing. So I will refrain from commenting.

I have seen Duke play twice. They are pretty tough. Don't underestimate their ability to play physical. I do, however, feel we have an advantage in overall team speed that wasn't present in South Bend. They won't shrink the field and stay with our ABs like ND did.

To me, this game is all about how WE handle OUR business. If we hold on to the ball and dump people on their heads with some consistency, we will come out winners.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Wow... I think CPJ used my suggestions... He ran almost everything I asked to run.

I would have liked to see more Rocket toss and a screen. I hope we figure out the QB draw.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
I am no CPJ and no one would ever pay me to coach a college game, but

I really hope to see more midline, power option, and speed option over the triple option. I am also anxious to see more over loaded plays like we did second half of UGA and second half of the bowl game. Our OL is strong at the point of attack and getting to the second level seems to need some growth.

I hope I don't see the trips like the last three games. I don't like expecting the tackles to block a safety consistently. But, I bet CPJ will want the team to do it right and he may do it till they get it right.

I thought I would never say this, but I want to see some rocket tosses and counter dives.

I want to see the counter QB run/B Back pass option (fake rocket toss). I want to see the "backside" pass like the one to Perkins last year (Aback goes across the field to the "backside").

The A Back counter was not smooth in our first games. I would like to see the Aback shuttle pass we saw last year.

The biggest thing I want to see... is the MLB blown up on every triple option!!!!!

Longest,

er, I thought this was AFTER the dook game--IT STILL APPLIES