Appreciate Coach

Buzztheirazz

Helluva Engineer
Dude oozes integrity and straight forward "is what it is". It's all he knows and that's why press hates him. It's also why his opponents and their fans hate him. You feel like you can see it right there in front of you but can't stop it. Enjoy next 3 years boys / that's all we got left from him. He will retire - I'd like to send him with a natty.
3 years?! Dude is too competitive to only stick around 3 more years. He seems to be in decent health, so I'm guessing he has another 10 years. He won't necessarily stick with us but I don't see him retiring anytime soon.

Oh...and I'm super thankful and appreciative for CPJ. Hope to buy him a beer or whatever it is that he drinks someday.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
3 years?! Dude is too competitive to only stick around 3 more years. He seems to be in decent health, so I'm guessing he has another 10 years. He won't necessarily stick with us but I don't see him retiring anytime soon.

Oh...and I'm super thankful and appreciative for CPJ. Hope to buy him a beer or whatever it is that he drinks someday.

I agree...plus his contract runs through 2020, so I'd be surprised if he retired with three years remaining

http://www.ajc.com/news/sports/college/johnsons-contract-extended/njMpz/

DH9387

Jolly Good Fellow
Same here. His commitment to academics and wanting to coach guys of character I always thought lent themselves well to Tech's demands.
He's on scholarship at Cherokee Town and Country Club. I hope someone also has him on scholarship at East Lake and Atlanta Country Club, among others.

His membership at Cherokee is a part of his contract. Both he and CBG have a club membership perk in their contracts and both joined Cherokee. I don't know if they chose Cherokee or if the AA picked for them.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
When Tech fired Coach Gailey, I was quite apprehensive. Say what you like about Chan - and many did - he was a consistent winner. Further, he did it with a bench that was 10 athletes short for most of his tenure because of mistakes made earlier. I thought the guy was a magician, given the circumstances, and the early noised candidates - Neuheisel, the Tater Tot - made me quake with apprehension. I remembered the last time the attitudes of the fans and alums had carried the day *cough* B*** L**** *cough* and I was pretty pessimistic.

Then I heard that we had hired Coach. I was ecstatic. He was exactly what we needed: a successful coach who had faced similar circumstances to those found at Tech and overcome them. Besides, I knew his version of the spread and I loved it. As an old OL, it was the kind of O I wished I had played in. I've had a tremendous time watching our progress since. We had one hiccup in 2010 and we've had two years where we didn't reach expectations, but we've always been fun to watch and we've had some serious success as well.

So here's thanks to Coach for what he has done already and I'm looking forward to many more years of continued success!

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
Hey, let's leave L___ out of this. ;) She's a great dog. :) Besides, anyone trying to steal her might lose a digit or two. She's exactly the kind of dog you would picture Coach having.
Right about now my mind's eye sees Patton's Willie.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
I think I found a pic of L____.....
Let's see if I can paste it.

AmpJxyU.jpg

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
I honestly picture CPJ having either a golden retriever, Lab, or a small little white fluff ball that sits on his lap all evening.