AP Poll - Week of 9/13/15

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
We can only hope, but that would bring common sense into a system where there is none due to the SEC agenda. At a minimum, GT deserves to be ranked higher than Awburn.

Also, when everyone says "gutsy win," we're all being sarcastic,
I disagree that GT deserves to be ranked ahead of Auburn at this point, mainly because I don't believe anybody should be ranked yet, not until mid-October anyway. Preseason rankings have always been a joke and should have no bearing on anything, but they apparently do.

Js-showman

Jolly Good Fellow
I disagree that GT deserves to be ranked ahead of Auburn at this point, mainly because I don't believe anybody should be ranked yet, not until mid-October anyway. Preseason rankings have always been a joke and should have no bearing on anything, but they apparently do.
^this

Everyone loves early season rankings when they work in their favor and hates them when they don't. They're meaningless in preseason and only marginally meaningful 2 games in. As CPJ mentioned last summer, one preseason poll had Arkansas ranked ahead of us and we won more SEC games than they did last year. And you saw what happened to them yesterday.

Sad, but likely true. J/K. We all understand the *******ery that is the preseason poll. All of us asked why Allburn and Arky should be in. Today is proving it to be a farce. I don't see GT getting jumped by anybody with the way they won. If anything, perhaps GT should be doing the jumping back to the Top 10 where they finished the season last year.
Malzahn-Muschamp duo got it done against Jacksonville State. Arkansas crashed. Tennessee snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Kentucky beat the Ol' Ball Coach. The SEC looking very ordinary at this point, but they will have 10 spots still in the top 25.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Just keep winning and we'll be there in the end.

We have to get better this week and get ready for ND.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Malzahn-Muschamp duo got it done against Jacksonville State. Arkansas crashed. Tennessee snatched defeat from the jaws of victory. Kentucky beat the Ol' Ball Coach. The SEC looking very ordinary at this point, but they will have 10 spots still in the top 25.
They haven't gotten into form yet. That won't happen until they start beating up on each other during the mighty SEC schedule.

Ramblinwreck07

Jolly Good Fellow
I'll give it a go, but I know this won't be anywhere close when the poll is released.

1. tOSU
2. Michigan St
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Alabama (not a believer in Coker)
6. USC
7. Clemson
8. GT
9. Oregon
10. Notre Dame
11. UGA
12. FSU
13. UCLA
14. LSU
15. Ole Miss
16. Texas A&M
17. Oklahoma
18. Auburn

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
He gets paid to analyze college football, and doesn't know Maryland is two years removed from the ACC.
I liked seeing Baylor and UCLAs blowouts but nary a peep about GT. Maybe Kanell said something when talking about ND.
It just sucks because win or lose, all we will hear is about Zaire being hurt.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
1. OSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Michigan St
6. USC
7. LSU
8. FSU
9. UGA
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Auburn
13. UCLA
14. Clemson
15. GT
16. Texas A&M
17. Oklahoma
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Arizona
21. Boise State
22. Utah
23. BYU
24. Wisconsin
25. Tenn

My first try at predicting this unpredictable Poll

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
"Polls don't matter" - Wish that were true. Last year after week one, A&M and LSU were elevated in the polls. So when they got beaten by the two Mississippis, it shot them into playoff contention, where they stayed most of the season.

jeffgt14

We don't quite suck as much anymore.
1. OSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Michigan St
6. USC
7. LSU
8. FSU
9. UGA
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Auburn
13. UCLA
14. Clemson
15. GT
16. Texas A&M
17. Oklahoma
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Arizona
21. Boise State
22. Utah
23. BYU
24. Wisconsin
25. Tenn

Boise State lost to BYU

PBR549

Ramblin' Wreck
It's ridiculous that anyone has an opportunity to "vote" on who they think is better than someone else. What is this gymastics? Are we dependent on the vote of the Russian judge? Polls are unamerican. The czars at secspn are keeping down the masses (everyone except the SEC and Notre Dame). It's time for a revolt. We need to demand at least an 8 team playoff preferably 16.

Buzz4Him

Georgia Tech Fan
So why do
1. OSU
2. Alabama
3. TCU
4. Baylor
5. Michigan St
6. USC
7. LSU
8. FSU
9. UGA
10. Notre Dame
11. Ole Miss
12. Auburn
13. UCLA
14. Clemson
15. GT
16. Texas A&M
17. Oklahoma
18. Oregon
19. Missouri
20. Arizona
21. Boise State
22. Utah
23. BYU
24. Wisconsin
25. Tenn

so why do you have Tenn ranked but not NC state?
Or why Mizzouri but not Duke?

jeffgt14

Jason Sehorn talking about Brett Beliema eating crow about Ohio State's schedule: "It would be easier if these teams would schedule some ranked out of conference opponents but when the schedule two FCS schools and then go in conference and beat up on each other it's really hard to judge"

jeffgt14

One thing I will say about Auburn since I like to preach conference equality. We didn't look good against Wofford and GSU last year and we ended the year as one of the hottest teams in the country. Sometimes it takes a few games to click or in Auburn's case, run the ball like you're built to do.

Bruce Wayne

Helluva Engineer
One thing I will say about Auburn since I like to preach conference equality. We didn't look good against Wofford and GSU last year and we ended the year as one of the hottest teams in the country. Sometimes it takes a few games to click or in Auburn's case, run the ball like you're built to do.
True, the problem is no one complained that Tech didn't start off ranked in the top ten last year, so what had Auburn done to deserve its ranking? Pre and early season polls belong in the bird cage.