Anyone who forgot we don't have the horses ...

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Good luck on 2017. I remain hopeful ( a personality flaw I think ) but I don't expect any Burger Boy level talent that could make a difference to come walking in the door for 2017. For freshman maybe a developmental type with a high ceiling but work to do.

Unless Walker has a change of heart and decides to stay home, I also agree the ship may have sailed on getting another difference maker in the class of 2017. It was fun being involved in considerations that we haven't seen in a while.

Hopefully our style of play will appeal to high level grad transfers next year to bridge the gap and we close the deal on 2-3 players in the class of 2018.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Gicen how 2017 has gone i'm thinking we will have at least 4 to give out to 2018. Could be more.

alagold

Helluva Engineer
We got a big dose of a FRESHMAN in Okogie vs psu.He goes from shooting lights out to abysmal-- 5 for 21.But the fact we have a FR who can score 20 any night is wonderful news.This coach is doing something right.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
People forget how lucky Cremins was in signing Price and Salley. No one would have predicted that Price would be an NBA level player when he was in HS. Salley grew a lot after he was signed.

No Price and no Salley, no '85 ACC championship-- which is what put GT on the basketball map. Cremins might have been a "4 and done." He was no X's and O's genius.

Hopefully Okogie is the beginning of a "better than advertised" player for Pastner. We need some of those to prove that we are on the rise. Then maybe we can sign top 25 players. Cremins did not immediately sign that level of player, and it is doubtful that Pastner will either in the short term.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
We got a big dose of a FRESHMAN in Okogie vs psu.He goes from shooting lights out to abysmal-- 5 for 21.But the fact we have a FR who can score 20 any night is wonderful news.This coach is doing something right.

We got a big dose of a lower-tier pwr5 defense.

People forget how lucky Cremins was in signing Price and Salley. No one would have predicted that Price would be an NBA level player when he was in HS. Salley grew a lot after he was signed.

No Price and no Salley, no '85 ACC championship-- which is what put GT on the basketball map. Cremins might have been a "4 and done." He was no X's and O's genius.

Hopefully Okogie is the beginning of a "better than advertised" player for Pastner. We need some of those to prove that we are on the rise. Then maybe we can sign top 25 players. Cremins did not immediately sign that level of player, and it is doubtful that Pastner will either in the short term.

Fwiw, Okogie was a CBG recruit/commit.

GTJake

Helluva Engineer
I'll say this, I don't get to see much GT BBall out here in Idaho, but watching the game Tuesday was much more entertaining than anything I've seen lately.
If Pastner has the wherewithal to stick it out, I like his style.