Anyone watching the Vandy game?

Campbeae

Georgia Tech Fan
I think it's a dangerous game, especially with Clemson following. Head coach/DC is good, one of the better defenses in SEC last year but issue typically on offense, said they are switching QBs to give both reps, would expect them to stick with number 1 guy in 2nd half

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
App State did such a bad job of managing the clock at the end, I thought they had hired Mark Richt. Hopefully they can pull it out in OT.

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Louisville has star power
samuel-l-jackson-clear.0.jpg

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think Vandy is going to be tougher to beat than BC. I watched about 15 minutes of the game near the beginning and in third to fourth. The Vandy ground and pound has given us problems.

But USCe didn't look very impressive either.

One thing I did notice is how the Vandy players didn't look as strong as our players do. Vandy looks like we did a couple years ago in physique. We'll have to see how that translates to our play on the field in 25 hours.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I watched APPY vs Vowels. I guess I can no longer be surprised to see another over-hyped and completely over-rated SEC team. It is like clockwork every year. Vandy USC was a snoozefest too. Whatever. I'm sure the story line will be how overpowering the defenses were. There is just soo much speed and size on SEC defenses across the league it is a miracle that anybody could ever score.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
Scary part is how badly the SEC East looks. Might be a cake walk for the dwags. Though it might be even sweeter if they lose any of those games.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Scary part is how badly the SEC East looks. Might be a cake walk for the dwags. Though it might be even sweeter if they lose any of those games.
The dwags could probably prance backwards in ballerina costumes through their season, and still end up playing in the SEC championship game. Wouldn't it be great, though to see the SEC East leader with bookend losses to ACC teams UNC and GT?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I watched APPY vs Vowels. I guess I can no longer be surprised to see another over-hyped and completely over-rated SEC team. It is like clockwork every year. Vandy USC was a snoozefest too. Whatever. I'm sure the story line will be how overpowering the defenses were. There is just soo much speed and size on SEC defenses across the league it is a miracle that anybody could ever score.

Too bad AppSt bungled that thing away. They controlled that game but went into 'don't lose' mode way too early. Oh and missed xtra points are killers.

The best part was watching TN's oline completely fail to impose their will on a supposedly inferior opponent. I was also told Jalen Hurd was Herschel-Bo Jackson Walker rolled into one and that the Vowls were the second coming of the Tommy Frazier-era Huskers. I were told wrong.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
Maybe we will find out more about ut when they play vt. Or find out about vt.

Anyway scores will now start to be compared which is the biggest Folly of Fools in all of sport.

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
Vandy, USC, and UT have the most pathetic boring offenses. Vandy has a couple of players on defense that might cause us trouble. I expect our defense to come out of the first three games in the Top 10 nationally. And then Clemson comes to town. Roof has his work cut out to keep them grounded and able to handle adversity against Clemson.