Anybody have weekly football parties where they’re the only Tech fans?

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I just got a job at a place in Metro Atlanta, and I'm one of the few non-Tech grads (I'm a lifelong sidewalk fan). It is awesome being surrounded by Tech fans. Though I think I am the most hardcore.
That’s even better than being a grad. Sidewalk fans can enjoy all the positives of supporting the team without the nagging pain and suffering from needing to have clothes with only the perfect shade of gold.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
That’s even better than being a grad. Sidewalk fans can enjoy all the positives of supporting the team without the nagging pain and suffering from needing to have clothes with only the perfect shade of gold.

Sidewalk fans are probably the most loyal and I hope many more find GT. They are fans because they want to be fans instead of alums who are expected to be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buzz*The*Plumber

Jolly Good Fellow
Well, I am a little OCD about the gold, but I try not to let it get in the way of a good time!

Oakland

Helluva Engineer
Sorry, but some of you guys need to stop. You're Georgia damn Tech fans. You're a special breed. Anybody can be a dwag or bama fan. Ask the managers at any Wal-Mart or Dollar General Store. The Tech fan base is small, but loyal, tough and is about to get stronger. You're nobody's little brother. I live in enemy territory, but am going out to wash my car, go to the grocery store and then work out. I'm a sidewalk fan. I'll be wearing my new Yellow Jacket shirt. They'll know. Respect.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Same here. Even worse, for the past two years I’ve bought two season tickets (one for me and one for my wife) but sometimes she can’t go. When she can’t go, I end up going to the game by myself or bringing friends who are Dwag fans because I don’t have any friends who are Tech fans. I’m a Tech alum but none of my buddies from school live near Atlanta. Sad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I will gladly go with you if your wife can’t lol.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
They respect Tech as an academic institution and in Basketball due to more recent draft picks etc. I graduated from UAH, part of the Alabama system, so I'd be slighting myself if I took a shot at the Alabama academics. My degree and time at UAH has served me well.

I hear good things about UAH. That's not Tuscaloosa. Although I do covet their women. Even at my age.