Anybody have weekly football parties where they’re the only Tech fans?

TechTyler_17

Georgia Tech Fan
Maybe I just need a new group of friends, ha! Most of my friends are dwags fans, but they are watching the Tech game at 12 for me. All good folks, but I’m sure they’ll just be waiting to ridicule me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Maybe I just need a new group of friends, ha! Most of my friends are dwags fans, but they are watching the Tech game at 12 for me. All good folks, but I’m sure they’ll just be waiting to ridicule me!

Idk who, or where but there is a group that goes to a sports bar and watches the games. They generally invite people on the board, I think it’s only on away games though.

GT_05

Helluva Engineer

Same here. Even worse, for the past two years I’ve bought two season tickets (one for me and one for my wife) but sometimes she can’t go. When she can’t go, I end up going to the game by myself or bringing friends who are Dwag fans because I don’t have any friends who are Tech fans. I’m a Tech alum but none of my buddies from school live near Atlanta. Sad.

TechTyler_17

Georgia Tech Fan
Same here. Even worse, for the past two years I’ve bought two season tickets (one for me and one for my wife) but sometimes she can’t go. When she can’t go, I end up going to the game by myself or bringing friends who are Dwag fans because I don’t have any friends who are Tech fans. I’m a Tech alum but none of my buddies from school live near Atlanta. Sad.

Yeah I did my MBA at Tech, so most of my buds moved away as well! I’ve got one that’s a Tech (family) and UK (alum) fan just like me (except I’m Tech alum and UK fan through family), but when we get together he’s normally throwing big parties. Doesn’t go to many games.

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
I'm in Huntsville AL, and most of my friends are Bama grads, so I'm just the joke of the group. They treat me like Tech is a D2 school, so I feel your pain.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
I hunt many weekends during football season. We own 600 acres with 4 other families and typically 4 to 10 of us staying at a house on the land on a given Saturday. I am the only true Tech fan (others are all USCe and sometimes 1 dwag) but they like Tech and since I bought the new tv, they will watch Tech if they are playing.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
dwags fans, All good folks

Sorry these two thing do not go together

here are examples that go together:
Tech fans All good folks
dawgs fans as* ho*es

Please be careful next time to not use the 2 phrases together again, Thanks.

and if these are your only friends seek help you can call 1-800- hateuga

MidtownJacket

Staff member
I hunt many weekends during football season. We own 600 acres with 4 other families and typically 4 to 10 of us staying at a house on the land on a given Saturday. I am the only true Tech fan (others are all USCe and sometimes 1 dwag) but they like Tech and since I bought the new tv, they will watch Tech if they are playing.
That sounds like a great set up. Good call buying the TV and setting the tone early! Haha Mind=Rite

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Not sure if they still do it, but Hudson Grill I’m Sandy Springs is where the GT north metro club watches away games (maybe home too?). I watched the 2014 VT game there. It was a pretty good spot. Nothing like an Ohio State game at their bar or anything though...holy cow those guys come out

RamblinCharger

Helluva Engineer
Do you treat them like Bama is a Junior College?
They respect Tech as an academic institution and in Basketball due to more recent draft picks etc. I graduated from UAH, part of the Alabama system, so I'd be slighting myself if I took a shot at the Alabama academics. My degree and time at UAH has served me well.