Any room for more transfers?

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Maybe not. I recall some coaches avoid raiding their former stops that way. It's kinda classless(y) to do that.
It could be a part of the agreement between GT and Temple that none of the Temple players who played under Collins would transfer to GT to play football. I wonder if that is standard practice?

gtrower

Helluva Engineer
It could be a part of the agreement between GT and Temple that none of the Temple players who played under Collins would transfer to GT to play football. I wonder if that is standard practice?

I don’t think that’s standard practice. Just recently we had that safety follow the App St DC here didn’t we? Rivera?

I’d take that Temple DT for sure. We have a lot of bodies there but the only one that’s really proven is Chimedza and who knows how he’ll look coming off the injury.

smokey_wasp

Helluva Engineer

I dunno if such a thing would hold if a kid was heart set on coming to GT. But I could definitely see some sort of unwritten rule or gentleman's agreement

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
I don’t think that’s standard practice. Just recently we had that safety follow the App St DC here didn’t we? Rivera?

Rivera transferred from Wofford I believe. TD Roof went to app state around the time we brought in woody.

We didn't have all that many transfers until recently. Maybe we had a recruit flip from them, but that's more common I feel.

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Can that be done? Restricting the education choices of a third party might end up at the DOJ.

Tundeballer

Jolly Good Fellow
We definitely recruited Roache last year from Temple. Collins was only there for a couple years and there aren't that many temple players that would definitely start for us or are from the Atlanta area.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

I think the farthest they can go is agreeing not to actively recruit from the former school's roster.

If a kid happens to decide on his own to follow a coach, so be it.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the farthest they can go is agreeing not to actively recruit from the former school's roster.

If a kid happens to decide on his own to follow a coach, so be it.
You are probably correct. It is more of a wonderment for me than something I know to be a fact.

Jk8Fan

Georgia Tech Fan
We can't contact any potential transfers anyway until they enter the transfer portal. We aren't messing with Temple at all if a player from there puts himself in the portal intending to transfer out. He's leaving anyway. He ain't leaving because of anything GT has said to him.
Would love to see the LSU player come here, but I don't think he is even in the portal.