Any room for more transfers?

Deleted member 2897

I tried to do some basic math yesterday and it feels like we have 2-3 spots left. I basically counted how many seniors are leaving, added our 12 transfers out, and then guessed at who a few early enrollees would be.

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I tried to do some basic math yesterday and it feels like we have 2-3 spots left. I basically counted how many seniors are leaving, added our 12 transfers out, and then guessed at who a few early enrollees would be.
redo do it and use calculus basic math is for the SEC teams other than uga who uses their fingers.

GTZachary

Jolly Good Fellow

if thatā€™s the case, Iā€™d count on another 3-5 leaving in the Spring, so we could see 5-7 more guys added.

ScGold

Banned
Transfers are not a guaranteed positive result. A majority of them are leaving because they are not making a success of their current home. For sure there are some diamonds in the rough, but I think building a team on transfers is not a sure fire way to the top. We will probably have to wait another year or two for payment of players to be allowed, then we can just buy who we want.

Go Jackets!
When a coach is basically flipping a entire roster the HS recruit will not be enough to get a winning team in the time frame fans desire. Also when the transfers you bring are more talented then what is there how do you pass? The last staff didnt believe recruiting was as important as the x's and o's part and now we are feeling the results. Filling holes from past mistakes is unfortunately necessary to catch up. Lastly the transfers this year aren't reaches and they have ample eligibility to be fruitful.

Deleted member 2897

The last staff didnt believe recruiting was as important as the x's and o's part

1608214933835.gif

Techster

Helluva Engineer
At what point can we get past the petty shots at the former coach?

Can we all agree to fkng get over it?

We will NEVER stop taking petty shots at your poor ice cream choices. NEVER.

...oh wait, you were talking about coaches?

Madison Grant

Helluva Engineer
You can't fault Collins for efforts to fix his personnel problems. The DL was a major issue for us this year, exacerbated by mass injuries of course. That QB from UCF had time to pack a picnic basket back there and the Syracuse team that was giving up 7 sacks a game gave up just 1 to us. It is not out of the realm of possibility we could see an entirely new starting DL next year with White, Scott, Maijeh (if that happens), and Harris.

ScGold

Banned
At what point can we get past the petty shots at the former coach?

Can we all agree to fkng get over it?
Hate to bust that image you gave of the great one, but at Tech he is a mediocre coach. Right there with Gomer and George. He scored some points while he ran the defense into the gutter. At the end of a long run at Tech, pawl is best known for his scowl and leading the country in rushing. Defense and special teams are arbitrary.

GTpdm

Helluva Engineer
Hate to bust that image you gave of the great one, but at Tech he is a mediocre coach. Right there with Gomer and George. He scored some points while he ran the defense into the gutter. At the end of a long run at Tech, pawl is best known for his scowl and leading the country in rushing. Defense and special teams are arbitrary.
1608219038859.gif

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member

What image do I have of the former coach?

Oh, that's right, you have no idea because it's 2020 and there's no reason for me to keep talking about the dude.

I hope you're charging a premium for all that real estate "Pawl" takes up in your head.

ScGold

Banned

Oh, that's right, you have no idea because it's 2020 and there's no reason for me to keep talking about the dude.

I hope you're charging a premium for all that real estate "Pawl" takes up in your head.
One mention of the staff in my post brought you into a tizzy that you felt compelled to defend him. And he wasn't mentioned by name but you assumed I meant BiG Johnson. I guess I'm wrong about u?

ScGold

Banned

Only head he lives in are ones(u) that love to jump to his defense. Good soldier march on.