Any news?? (stage 3: press coverage)

JacketFan137

Banned
That information is never going to be anything but anonymous. TStan nor the donors are ever going to come out publicly and say they pledged so much money for a buyout. Even if Collins does get canned, and it was with donor support, we will never know who supported it, how much they gave, or how it came together. I guess everyone can decide on their own whether reports with anonymous sources can be trusted but an anonymous source used by the AJC to me is still a better source than someone on a message board assuming our donors are doing nothing at all.
anyone thinking nothing is going on is just being impatient and immature. this is 7/8 figure conversation and negotiation. gonna take more than 24 hours to figure it out

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
That information is never going to be anything but anonymous. TStan nor the donors are ever going to come out publicly and say they pledged so much money for a buyout. Even if Collins does get canned, and it was with donor support, we will never know who supported it, how much they gave, or how it came together. I guess everyone can decide on their own whether reports with anonymous sources can be trusted but an anonymous source used by the AJC to me is still a better source than someone on a message board assuming our donors are doing nothing at all.
And there's zero indication or reporting that he didn't have the money. The AJC isn't always accurate. But usually, they are.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I was thinking the same thing when @g0lftime mentioned his name. He was very successful as a HC in college but not so much in the NFL. However as many coaches have shown, coaching in the NFL and college are 2 completely different jobs (see Saban, Miles, Kiffen, etc.). If he is available and we are able to get him I think it would be a great hire.
Might be too expensive at this point. Great college coach, though. I'd love to get him on the sideline.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
if we do fire collins then all the angry people better get their *** in a seat next game and show the decision makers that we still care about tech football and they need to take the fanbase seriously
The angry fans won’t go to any games for the new head coach until we’ve already won a bunch of games. They’re just going to whine that the head coach should be fired if we have a bad season. And then when firing people doesn’t fix everything, they’ll just say more people need to be fired.

It’s why I’m skeptical of people saying that not firing Collins now will be more costly. Our fan support was weak and fickle in 2017 coming off victories over georgie and Kentucky. Why should we expect it would improve before we start winning? The only way I see Collins’ mid season firing being a net positive financially is if the interim head coach gets us to a bowl game.

yellerjacket15

Georgia Tech Fan
He had Key, but he could have used a mature mentor to guide him. Oh, well

Ironically, Zillow is the most reliable source in the thread

——

I would not be surprised if Stansbury was having discussions with Collins agent and with boosters. I wouldn’t necessarily count on fast discussions. IMHO

Re buyout money: I have seen one anonymous source put a false story in front of multiple journalists, and the journalists used each other for confirmation. You need multiple sources.
Confirmed with my own two eyes.

Fulton Co Property Search - https://iaspublicaccess.fultoncountyga.gov/Datalets/Datalet.aspx?sIndex=3&idx=10

Zillow - https://www.zillow.com/homes/3615-Dumbarton-Rd-NW-Atlanta,-GA-30327_rb/35911571_zpid/

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Considering the housing market, I considered selling my house around that time too. If he thought there was a > 10% chance of being fired after this season, selling the house seems like a pretty good decision to me.

BuzzStone

Helluva Engineer
I hope he was told they were already looking for his replacement so if he didn't improve he would be gone. He took the opportunity to sell high just like he did with himself.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Considering the housing market, I considered selling my house around that time too. If he thought there was a > 10% chance of being fired after this season, selling the house seems like a pretty good decision to me.
Problem with that is, he has to live somewhere, and a rising tide lifts all boats. So, any house he buys will also be elevated in price. Unless he's renting...

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
How many multi millionaires are we going to make for nothing in return before we get a businessman to straighten this mess that is GT athletics out?
We come off as absolute stupid IMO when it comes to everyday common sense street smarts and dealings and have time after time after time.
I personally tried to justify in my mind that we needed 7 years to make the change, but i was absolutely wrong. If you cannot see signs by year 4, then fine, run out his contract or buy out the last year and try someone else. AD after AD has taken us to the cleaners it appears to me. Go to GT and you can spend those fools into oblivion seems to be the deal.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
Problem with that is, he has to live somewhere, and a rising tide lifts all boats. So, any house he buys will also be elevated in price. Unless he's renting...
They own a condo around Atlanta also. Don't know if they are renting it out or if they have moved into it.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
In his opinion, you learn more from 10 failures than one success. Not really sure it matters as I mentioned, I don’t really know how much coaching and running a start up have in common.
I don't think they have much in common, but while we're on the subject I saw an interview with a CEO of a very successful firm who said he encourages mistakes, as long as they're not big ones. He said making small mistakes means you're pushing the envelope and you're learning. And there will inevitably be some small successes mixed in there, too. So, he tries to make people feel okay about making errors, as long as they're not big ones.

Thwg777

Jolly Good Fellow
anyone thinking nothing is going on is just being impatient and immature. this is 7/8 figure conversation and negotiation. gonna take more than 24 hours to figure it out

Well they've had over nine months to figure it out. Objectively starting 1-2 three games in the season wasn't a lynch-mob trigger point, but losing to WCU would have been.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
Guys I don’t mean to alarm you but this just in from an inside source on Facebook …😂

Attachments

• 1035874E-D4F2-4EC3-BF85-E007AB604279.jpeg
    1035874E-D4F2-4EC3-BF85-E007AB604279.jpeg
    485.5 KB · Views: 214

wvGT11

Helluva Engineer
That was yesterday...

Can anyone confirm also the debt situation with GTAA , I've heard along with the massive buyout situation, that we have a pretty extensive (200 million + ) debt.

RonJohn

Helluva Engineer
That was yesterday...

Can anyone confirm also the debt situation with GTAA , I've heard along with the massive buyout situation, that we have a pretty extensive (200 million + ) debt.
I'll look later for a more updated statement, but here is a 2018-2019 financial statement:

I haven't seen anything that indicates that we made any additional principal payments since then. In fact we were under water at least one of the years between then and now.

wesgt123

Helluva Engineer
That was yesterday...

They posted it 15 mins ago tho lol

What you don’t trust my source?