Any Clinton Lynch updates?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Make no mistake, my post is not in the same category as those who poo-poo the impact of losing DM. And my "opportunity" statement had nothing to do with CL's undeniable talent. We are better with CL at AB, for sure.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I know a little something about the platelet rich plasma treatment that Lynch is undergoing as I am undergoing the same treatment for a torn rotator cuff and torn labrum. I am 4 months in and feel i'm about 65% back. This week the doctor has just given me the green light to resume golf and hockey. Golf has been ok with a little soreness and hockey is also ok. As far as hockey is concerned, I'm obviously not competing at the NCAA level with lots of hitting. I could not imagine at this point in the process taking hits like you would in NCAA football or hockey - that's the bad news. The good news is Lynch is much younger than me and I would expect him to heal faster. I also don't know the difference between a knee and shoulder injury. I would suspect that for the knee it definitely has to do with ligament and/or tendon tear, although I have no idea how severe. Taking into account age difference, and the fact that its been 4 months for me to get to 65%, I would think he could be close but the fact that its NCAA football, maybe it would be a little longer. Here is an interesting link to a Sports Illustrated article on what it has done for MLB pitchers: https://www.si.com/more-sports/2011/08/03/nitkowski
Hope u keep progressing - but suggest u lay off golf for a long time.

As an aside for old tech men.
July 18 I have my second shoulder fixed by the jock doc in houston. Both were total tears and procedure was more for old person - clean , remove bicep tendon, repair labrum, resect distal clavical - and connect rotator tendon in less agressive spot , plus at prp . The less aggressive connection allows rehab to go as if minor tear. Slow at first till healed then fast stretch and strengthen . First shoulder took 80 surgery to end of rehab then 30 more days till no issues.

As to prp on knee -- i will talk to the head rehab guy at Andrews institute gulf breeze to find out more info . he was working on Chad Kelly the Ole Miss qb. Yesterday a huge seattle Seahawks linemen was in next day post op rehab for knee.

CHE90

Jolly Good Fellow
Hope u keep progressing - but suggest u lay off golf for a long time.

As an aside for old tech men.
July 18 I have my second shoulder fixed by the jock doc in houston. Both were total tears and procedure was more for old person - clean , remove bicep tendon, repair labrum, resect distal clavical - and connect rotator tendon in less agressive spot , plus at prp . The less aggressive connection allows rehab to go as if minor tear. Slow at first till healed then fast stretch and strengthen . First shoulder took 80 surgery to end of rehab then 30 more days till no issues.

As to prp on knee -- i will talk to the head rehab guy at Andrews institute gulf breeze to find out more info . he was working on Chad Kelly the Ole Miss qb. Yesterday a huge seattle Seahawks linemen was in next day post op rehab for knee.
Could you email my wife and let her know I shouldn't be staining the deck this weekend?;)