Any Clinton Lynch updates?

MountPGT1990

Banned
Haven't heard anything about him during fall camp. I know he missed entire spring with injury, is he still banged up?

Makes me think of he's missed all of spring and fall camp there's no way he will be in game shape and ready for Tenn.

CL is one of my favorites, he's always the unsung hero and shows up big for us, really hoping he would be ready to roll in time for Vols especially now DM is gone.

bmeGT

Jolly Good Fellow
Just from a personal standpoint, I don't think he's playing, unfortunately. If you listen to the presser from CPJ he said something along the lines of "He might not play. He hasn't practiced. It wouldn't be fair to the other AB's."

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
I also wouldn't want any rust with him. For an AB, the pitch relationship and timing are pretty important. Him being out would be a bigger problem in the passing game, but Searcy and Green are good receivers too.

Whiskey_Clear

Banned

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Sounds like it's pulled muscle issue with CL, so it's day to day. CPJ said he could practice if he wanted to, but they didn't want to make it worse so they're being cautious.

CPJ did say if CL doesn't practice this week, he probably won't play against UT.

Stray Dog THA GAWD

Jolly Good Fellow
Sounds like it's pulled muscle issue with CL, so it's day to day. CPJ said he could practice if he wanted to, but they didn't want to make it worse so they're being cautious.

CPJ did say if CL doesn't practice this week, he probably won't play against UT.

Hate to see someone miss such a big game, but maybe he'll be ready in time?

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
CL was definitely our best playmaker last year. That said, if he isn't 100%, I hope he doesn't play vs. UT. In 2014, that stable of ABs was critical to our season success. We could have that again this year with CL, QS, JJG, NC, and OJ. I don't want any of them hurt.

I also think JJG could have the kind of HR-hitting season CL had last year. At AB it's all about opportunities.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Being named starter at Aback is about as meaningless as ________________.

(I couldn't think of anything good, somebody help me out here.)

The point being, we rotate that position more than a revolving door at Macy's. (Hey, that was pretty good!)