Antonneus Clayton injured?

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
I think the OL he was thinking about may have been Parker Braun who transferred out to Texas. Unfortunately, injuries and guys losing their desire to play the game are part of the sport. We just have to adjust and develop who we have on the roster. That is where coaching can make a big difference.

Go Jackets!

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Hopefully Clayton can play this week! Ive been waiting for over a year to see him play...however just glad to hear its not serious and if not this week we will see him soon.

He is a key player for us, but luckily we have Dingle, Sylvain, and Ryans who played a lot for us last year. Ryans has supposedly come on really strong and might be our #2 behind Clayton at SDE. Excited to see all of them play.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Just feel awful for AC. Hopefully it's just frustration and it's not as bad as he thinks. Not even thinking of how he can help us right now...the human side of it is that AC put in a LOT of work the last year and a half without any payoff of playing time. This was supposed to be his final season.

Crossing my fingers for that young man.
Feel really bad for him. Hope there’s a gold lining somewhere.

I mentor a lot of youngsters. It’s hard explaining to them they just need to persevere through the times when life just takes a big fat dump on you. There’s too many that want to give up, blame the system, etc instead of plowing thru. Communities, support groups, etc don’t seem to be wired like that anymore.

It’s really the key to success. Find a way to win when life has you down.

305jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
so in this thread people have mentioned pretty much every type of leg injury, from severe to minor. I just wonder if its pure speculation or if anybody is commenting has actually heard from a reliable (or even semi-reliable source). Would help deal with the pre-gameday jitters to know what I should or shouldn't take seriously! For now I guess just waiting on an official update ...

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Hopefully Clayton can play this week! Ive been waiting for over a year to see him play...however just glad to hear its not serious and if not this week we will see him soon.

He is a key player for us, but luckily we have Dingle, Sylvain, and Ryans who played a lot for us last year. Ryans has supposedly come on really strong and might be our #2 behind Clayton at SDE. Excited to see all of them play.
If he was in the hospital (I will say that looks more like a doctor's office or clinic if picking nits, still), then it's not worth the risk to rush things.

mtodd30

Ramblin' Wreck
I can tell you my source came from someone who works with the team. I personally don’t know him, but my fraternity brother knows him. This fraternity brother also called the Collins hire and the starting QB for FSU

bos

Helluva Engineer
It appears he got frustrated initially by the injury and posted something that made people jump to conclusions and assumed it's an ACL tear. I think we would know by now if that was the case. Reports are still conflicting, but a lot more promising than last night. I think they are awaiting MRI results, but the consensus is that it's nothing serious.

Different sources this morning say that he is likely to miss at least the FSU game, but should definitely play this season.