Antonneous Clayton

Techster

Helluva Engineer
One of my mentors told me when I was young that I needed to take care of myself first. That's not being selfish. You can not take care of others unless you yourself are running optimally. Take care of your body and your mind, and school/work/finances/relationships will all fall into place. If you are not 100%, then you wont be able give the attention each of the other things needs to be successful.

Good on AC. I can't imagine the pressure of being a football player with a young family, then having to be a full time student on top of it. It's like he has 3 full time jobs. Take care of yourself AC, football is only a small part of life compared to your health and family.

AlabamaBuzz

Helluva Engineer
This Pandemic and everything around it, including my employment situation where I was working for an extremely successful commercial aerospace supplier (no more), has really affected me mentally and emotionally, and I am 57 years old. I cannot imagine being 18-23 during all of this. I would like to think that I would put others before myself, but at that age, I probably would not. I hope AC comes back mentally and physically ready to go next year. He has had his share of hard knocks. I appreciate his honesty and transparency.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Whether or not he comes back next year...best of luck to this young man and hoping he goes on to a full productive giving life.

Mental health is a bugger.

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
One of my mentors told me when I was young that I needed to take care of myself first. That's not being selfish. You can not take care of others unless you yourself are running optimally. Take care of your body and your mind, and school/work/finances/relationships will all fall into place. If you are not 100%, then you wont be able give the attention each of the other things needs to be successful.

Good on AC. I can't imagine the pressure of being a football player with a young family, then having to be a full time student on top of it. It's like he has 3 full time jobs. Take care of yourself AC, football is only a small part of life compared to your health and family.

That was the advice my mom gave to me when my first was born. You can't take of your family if you're not taking care of yourself. I agree with what you say, that sentiment can be applied in all aspects of life.

Sheboygan

Helluva Engineer
Sometimes the hardest thing to do is to admit to yourself that you even have a problem. But, once you can do that. and tell those who love and care about you, the rebuilding can start. I , as many of you know, that just the academic pressure can be tough. I can't fathom FCS football, plus fatherhood and Covid in addition to academics- we're not the Dwags, you know.
AC, just know that you are part of The Tech family, and it's a special bond. Oh, we may piss and moan about sports sometimes, but we know what's important. Do what you got to do , and come back next year to be the beast we all know you can become.

Curious why opt out if this year does not count.
So I want to clarify this. I am someone that believes that one needs to have your core...football for this young man...to hold yourself together. I fully understand that if this becomes too much with the rest of your life certainly move on. But I feel if he leaves he might not come back and regret that decision later on. Also point being burning a year is not an issue this year. Never meant to miss represent the young man's issues.

Adadu

Helluva Engineer
This is a very hard year for everyone, and I can't imagine trying to put your all into school, your family/kids, and football all at the same time. 100% understandable.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
This Pandemic and everything around it, including my employment situation where I was working for an extremely successful commercial aerospace supplier (no more), has really affected me mentally and emotionally, and I am 57 years old. I cannot imagine being 18-23 during all of this. I would like to think that I would put others before myself, but at that age, I probably would not. I hope AC comes back mentally and physically ready to go next year. He has had his share of hard knocks. I appreciate his honesty and transparency.

Hang on hard, AlabamaBuzz. Use this circumstance to draw closer to your spiritual side and try to shut out the negatives. That's what I'm working hard to do. We need to all remember that as bad as this BS is, "It has not come to stay, it has come to pass", and it will!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I couldn't be more impressed with this young man's post-practice interview from today. Excited to have him back. Here's a link for anyone interested:

I agree, he’s got a really good head on his shoulders. He knows what’s important, and how to manage the other things. I think this experience will set him up for nothing but success in the future, wherever he ends up.

Josh H

Jolly Good Fellow
Pretty sure everybody is behind AC. Everyone would love to see him destroy lineman and QB’s and get a good launch point to the NFL.

He showed flashes last season for a few games and I had visions of QB sacks so hopefully this year is a reset.
He looked so good in the Louisville game. Would love for him to finally have that breakout year.

TruckStick

Ramblin' Wreck
AC has the body and ability of a upper tier SEC lineman and that showed because of his presence. JD on the weakside with him on the strongside is a good foundation for a base defense.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
With AC back, in good mental, physical, emotional condition and with Keion White playing along with some of theses other guys coming in and those already here rising on defense, it should make it easier for all of them to be successful this year, going to be a lot for opposing offenses to handle, where last year they could mostly worry about AC. Someone mentioned LBs and I don't know what our prospects look like there for this year, but seems to me that we should have more natural ability there than previously.