Antonio Simmons

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We need to create a pass rush anyway we can, next year our d line could be one of the better ones in the acc. No sense in redshirting if he can help.

Southpaw13

Helluva Engineer
We could potentially have a DEEP and experienced D line next year... Gotsis, Gamble, Kallon, Henderson, Glanton inside (I am guessing the last 2 redshirt if Gotsis is back)... Whitehead, Days, Stargell, Simmons, Merriweather, Chungong on the outside... Sellers will also likely redshirt. That's a lot of depth, considering this year we feel like we're thin there. Thankfully they are getting a ton of on the job training this year!

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
We could potentially have a DEEP and experienced D line next year... Gotsis, Gamble, Kallon, Henderson, Glanton inside (I am guessing the last 2 redshirt if Gotsis is back)... Whitehead, Days, Stargell, Simmons, Merriweather, Chungong on the outside... Sellers will also likely redshirt. That's a lot of depth, considering this year we feel like we're thin there. Thankfully they are getting a ton of on the job training this year!
Dont forget about Freeman, and I could see JHD going back to LB and possibly Merriweather moving to DT. Idk were they plan on putting Terrell Lewis?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

We won't RS both Glanton and Henderson.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
GTonTop88 said:
Dont forget about Freeman, and I could see JHD going back to LB and possibly Merriweather moving to DT. Idk were they plan on putting Terrell Lewis?

JHD is 265 pounds...his LB days are over IMO.

Merriweather is a DE...I could see him being a SDE. But don't think he gets bit enough to be a DT.

Lewis is a OLB.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am glad his shirt was burned. Look, this defense is in a fight for its life and we are still undefeated. IMHO we have to pull out all stops and do whatever it takes in an effort to put up any kind of defense we can muster. This is the metaphorical fixing of bayonets the way I see it. The enemy has already cut through the barbed wire, we have no air support, they are coming over the hill and we are low on bullets.

ybeenormal

Jolly Good Fellow
I am glad his shirt was burned. Look, this defense is in a fight for its life and we are still undefeated. IMHO we have to pull out all stops and do whatever it takes in an effort to put up any kind of defense we can muster. This is the metaphorical fixing of bayonets the way I see it. The enemy has already cut through the barbed wire, we have no air support, they are coming over the hill and we are low on bullets.
Dang boomer, thanks for the Sunday morning adrenaline rush! You put me right there on the front line for a minute! Great point though.... whatever it takes!

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
We are recruiting the DL nicely this year. We can afford to burn some DL RS if they actually help the team. Paul is prepping this team now for later games this year. You can see it.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

Have to say we went all out yesterday...Kyle Travis at DE, Simmons Rs burned, Kallon saw time.

Can't wait to see the film to see how they preformed.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We are recruiting the DL nicely this year. We can afford to burn some DL RS if they actually help the team. Paul is prepping this team now for later games this year. You can see it.

I agree, see no reason to not pull the RS...We may be able to RS a couple of these guys next year.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I guess my point is it doesn't matter if we can "afford it" or not. We are in a fight for our lives right now and there is no tomorrow if we lose. Sorry to be so dramatic. It looks like we have a chance at a special season, but it is just a chance. If we play the same defense the rest of the way as we did the first few games, it won't happen.