Anthony Williams dismissed

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Wouldn't he basically forfeit his last year?

If he's smart, Anthony will graduate in the Spring then transfer. I believe once he graduates he can transfer to any FBS school without sitting a year provided they have a major that GT doesn't...which should be easy considering the limited majors GT fans moan about.

Minawreck

Ramblin' Wreck
Yep get the degree and get out like the rest of us. Just wish he didn't let his perceived victimizing affect his effort but that's tough to endure if you convince yourself your being overlooked and underutilized. Tough situation for both sides but players need to make it impossible to be benched if they really want to play. Easier said than done obviously.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Reading between the lines, he caused his brother to dismiss any thoughts of coming to Tech. If he was causing unity problems within the team structure, and if he was bad-mouthing PJ openly, that appears to be enough to dismiss him. Even though, some of his remarks may be on spot, a coach cannot have that kind of attitude within the team. There may be other reason, but the above reasons are enough.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
I would like to clarify my reply above to include the statement that I am not judging Williams, because he may be right in his assessment of the situation, but the coach still cannot have those conflicts on the team.

gtg936g

Helluva Engineer
School has already started and his tuition for this semester has already been paid. I doubt they could go back on that.
I had not thought of that. Hopefully we have an open ship that we can fill with a great recruit, and Anthony can finish his education.